“Are you Kidding me?!?!?!?!?”

Steamers Steak & Seafood
Ranked #4 of 64 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2011

9/17/11 Saturday Evening... Made our reservations yesterday. They open @ 5:00pm so Our reservations are for 5:30... give the kitchen a chance to "warm up"... Arrive... Not full... FIVE open tables at the front windows.... Asked for one of them but was told they were reserved... Seated middle to back right in the kitchen traffic isle.... ok... Ordered Brie Appetizer... 2 Table spoons of "fried" brie with half loaf of bagget bread... was tasty but a little heavy on the berry sauce... Caser Salad was VERY Good! Homemade croutons! then the entrees: My wife had the 1/2 dozen shrimp "scampi style" and I had the Crab Melt. Having lived in the San Francisco Bay Area decades ago I was really looking forward to the crab melt!

Scampi: Undercooked (how do you undercook shrimp?? It's impossible!!! OVER cooked Green and yellow Zucchini (2slices of each) with a shred of Carrot.... and an ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes.. My open faced crab melt could not be cut with a knife and fork. Picked up to eat and was TASTELESS! I was charged $21.95 for the Scampi. $18.95 for a crab melt.... Oh and the brie was $12.95..

But the biggest insult was when I asked our waitress to give our table to another couple I acquainted in the waiting area... (They were sitting at a tall cocktail table with backless stools) The waitress said that she could not guarantee this because there may be an existing reservation for my table... I said "are you kidding me?" it’s 7:00pm and there are still 5 empty tables at the front of this restaurant and you can't give them my mediocre table at the back of this establishment? I went back to our table and removed her tip which I would have never done - despite the poor quality of the food- until she made this ultimate service mistake. We are not rich and this was a days wage wasted on this meal!

3  Thank MishelleSerendipity
There are newer reviews for Steamers Steak & Seafood

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Husband and wife team does a consistently good job. Interesting menu items and preparations.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

The steamers were delicious. The trout perfectly cooked and served with a nice mushroom soup and Ceasar's and the Stella was icey cold. The wait staff was prompt and charming. It's a bit noisey but it was Friday night.

1  Thank rick1942
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Great wine list, service was good, owner was friendly. Had rack of lamb and BBQ pork shank. Meal was perfect

2  Thank Maithean
Reviewed July 15, 2011

My King salmon was cooked perfectly and nicely served. The wild rice had way too much parsley in it, ands the vegetables were just a little over cooked. My wife's halibut was also nicely prepared but was quite expensive and didn't score high for value. The wine list was very nice and very fairly priced. Overall it was a nice meal.

1  Thank LSSR22

Been to Steamers Steak & Seafood? Share your experiences!