“Of birds and Bugs...”

Ranked #48 of 64 Restaurants in McCall
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went to the mill with my husband and another couple. We Girls order drinks and guys a microbrew from the local brewery. Shortly after we were seated at a dingy table. While perusing the overpriced paper menu, Little black things began to appear at the top of my friends drink. Upon close inspection (its crazy dark in this restaurant) it was discovered she was given the "fruit fly special" so naturally I give my straw a little whirl and much to my disgust...more floaters! We send our husbands to the bar to point out the obvious (bartender tells them she saw the fruit flies on only one bottle and will "check it out") but before they can return...I literally see birds flying in the corner. BIRDS!! Disgusted with the bird sanctuary in a weird,dark restaurant, we decide to leave. But not before being charged $12 for 2 beers that were not drank. We went down the road to the mccall brewery, who made that beer and had an excellent dinner. We only paid $1 for the same glass of beer and all had a great laugh when our waitress suggested grasshopper pie for dessert. NEVER GOING BACK TO THE MILL-MOST DISGUSTING RESTAURANT WE'VE EVER WALKED INTO.

1  Thank Cpfrye
There are newer reviews for Mill Steaks and Spirits

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great food and service in W Idaho amongst gorgeous, clean and high mountains.
Beef and seafood, modest wine list and good deserts. Soup was excellent and the vegies were cooked just right.
Good water but weak coffee
Overall a good experience!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We eat at this restraunt everytime we stay or pass through McCall, Idaho. The staff are very friendly, accommodating, & fast. The atmosphere has a cosy old west feeling. The food is excellent always cooked to prefection or just the way you want it! They also have a decent wine list not to mention a variety of other spirits and beer....we have never been disappointed!!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Nice atmosphere for dinner. I was not impressed that although the place was almost empty, they put us in a booth with the seat ripped and taped up so my butt stuck to it. The food is expensive and not that great. Cocktails were good.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Good ambience, good food, good service. Much better than the Pioneer in Ketchum! It has been there for a long time and for a good reason.