“Best rafting experience yet”
Review of Salmon Raft

Salmon Raft
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in McCall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Single day and multi day whitewater rafting excursions on the Salmon River! Trips leave daily from downtown McCall, with round-trip transportation included. Fun, splashy, and playful rapids for all adventure levels. Gourmet meals, white sand beaches, crystal clear and warm water. What more could you ask for?
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've been on a number of raft trips in my time, from day trips to multi-day, and even organized a couple overnight float trips back in my college days. I know how much work goes into pulling off a good overnight river trip and how many different things can go wrong to spoil the experience. Salmon Raft made the planning and coordination look easy and provided my wife and I the best trip yet. I would have been even happier if they could have increased the flow in the Salmon River, but my wife was on only her second raft trip and appreciated the class II and III rapids and Salmon Raft's focus on safety and comfort. While we had only five people to a raft, we saw many of the other raft companies packing ten or eleven guests to a boat. I'm so glad that wasn't us! I hope the owners can maintain their genuine, personal service and "part of their family" feel as word gets out about them. The food they provided was fresh, good and plentiful. Jake had the overnight camp area all set up for us when we pulled in, including a cold beer and appetizers. The guides were all friendly and service oriented. What else can one say? I can't think of anything to caution others on about planning a trip with this company. Our experience was a great value for the price. Time will tell if it possible to keep it up because the other trips I have been on were not like this. I plan on doing the same trip with them next year and drag some of our friends along and we will see

1  Thank Bill R
"every aspect"
"great lunch"
"beautiful scenery"

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had a great time with the family. Chris and Lauren were very professional and made sure every detail was taken care of. Next time will do an overnight trip with them, Thanks for everything.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We rafted the Salmon River over night with a group of 12, ages 13 to 57. Salmon Raft took care of everything and made it look all so easy. Owners Chris and Lauren, and the professional staff they utilize, made sure our adventure was safe, relaxing and treated us all like we were loyalty. The attention to detail was nonpareil, the food was amazing (brushetta appitizers, ribeyes grilled perfectly, and peach cobbler), and we really enjoyed the storiies they told while we floated some of the best canyon country anywhere, We compared their pricing to other outfits and believe Salmon Raft provides the best value on the river.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wow! What an awesome adventure with the Salmon Raft crew in gorgeous McCall, Idaho. The three of us (teenage son in tow) joined friends over the 4th of July for a two day overnight river trip. We loved it! The SR crew made us feel so comfortable and ready for adventure. Their expertise on the river, knowledge of the area, attention to all the details and the fabulous food made the whole experience a great value. The opportunity to gaze under the stars next to a beautiful natural river was unforgettable. Thank you Salmon Raft crew!