“owner refuses to honor tickets purchased from his web site”

McCall Lake Cruises
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in McCall
More attraction details
Owner description: McCall Lake Cruises offers a variety of daily public cruises. Whether you want to soak up the sun with a cold drink on the top deck, or sit in the comfort of the enclosed cabin, The IDAHO, will have you and your family, friends, or colleagues cruising in comfort and style. The IDAHO is available for charter cruises tailored to your specific special event such as weddings, wedding rehearsal dinner, birthday, family reunion, a company event or a gathering of friends. We work with local caters who will take care of your specific dining desires served on board "The IDAHO" during your cruise.
Kuna, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“owner refuses to honor tickets purchased from his web site”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

We bought 3 adult tickets and 1 infant ticket for the 4th of july boat cruise around lake mccall and for the fire works show this year. we bought them around july 19. They were bought directly from the website for mc call lake cruises. The money cleared our account and we received the confirmation email from the company. A couple hours later we received an email from the owner, Bret Armacost, advising us we had been charged incorrectly..Unfortunately for some reason when making your reservations, you were charge the wrong price; It should have come in at $55.00 per Adult & $10.00 for the infant. For some reason it came in at $25.00 per Adult & $5.00 for the infant. Does your receipt show a different amount? We respectively ask that prior to boarding that evening for our Fireworks Cruise that you pay the difference of $95.00. We went back to the web site, saw the same prices and took a screen shot for the owner to see. we responded by email with the image and asking what "went wrong?'' and he never answered. I called several days later and spoke with a nice lady who told me the prices for our tickets wouldn't be honored and I could speak with Bret if i wanted to. He called me back, leaving a message that said that the site was "manipulated" when we bought them and he wanted us to pay the full price. I spoke with him this morning and I asked several times that our original agreement be honored, as it was a mistake on their part. He insisted we had "manipulated his web site". He then stated that the company that handles online booking had corrected the error...admitting to me that it was the fault of the other company, but he still wouldn't honor our tickets. almost every time i spoke he stated he didn't "appreciate being interrupted", he stated I was trying to get "something for nothing", and he treated me like I was a criminal because of an error on his web site. He made condescending remarks, asking me if i knew how a web page worked and insulting my intelligence. after 20 minutes of being treated this way I told him we were going round and round and I didn't feel like he was seeing where I was coming from and that I felt like this was horrible customer service, I hung up on him. He called me back to tell me he cancelled our reservation and refunded our card. He then took it further by advising me that I had been "rude" and my sister in law "manipulative for booking the tickets on line in this way". He told me if I had handled it better he would have refunded our money, given the cruises for free for all the trouble and bought us a drink when we got there. I repeated..again..the order of events and asked what I did wrong and he never answered that question. we received Terrible customer service from this owner and I would not trust his site to sell tickets that he will honor. Watch out!!

Visited June 2014
4 Thank mbeckwith2014
118Doris, Owner at McCall Lake Cruises, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
The person making the reservation and than the person calling are two different people.
The Day the reservation was made we immediately corresponded back to the customer and pointed out the correct charge. We apologized for the mishap if any and we gave the customer the option to hold the reservation and pay for the difference on the day of the trip. We also contacted our online reservation system and traced every step of the clients booking process. We refunded the money immediately once we had reviewed all of the interactions and steps of their booking process. It is unfortunate that the client, well knowing what the charge for the trip was communicated to us that we needed to pay for 84% of the trip. We had offered to honor the ticket purchase for anyone of our trips that the charge applied to. The customer responded by hanging up during the conversation. McCall Lake Cruises works hard to provide a good service/ experience to its customers. It is our privilege to serve our customers and not to take advantage of our customers!

Happy Cruising!
Doris Armacost
McCall Lake Cruises
208-634-5253

Boise, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Took the 90 minute cruise--great way to show our out-of-town family Payette Lake. Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon! Loved seeing all the beautiful homes along the lake.

118Doris, Owner at McCall Lake Cruises, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for cruising with us!
McCall, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have lived here over 30 years and this cruise at sunset was amazing. Will take family and friends in the future. The crew is so personal. Brett, Doris, Indie and Yvonne. Thank you for
the amazing peaceful experience.

Visited April 2014
118Doris, Owner at McCall Lake Cruises, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thanks for heads up, we appreciate our cruisers!
Troy, Idaho, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Extremely Scenic and Informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This cruise was recommended to us. We LOVED it. The people running it were very friendly and made this trip informative, fun, and well worth the price. We would highly recommend this cruise! It was beautiful scenery - fun to see the houses - overall a lot of fun!!

Visited September 2013
Nampa, Idaho
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great lake cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Enjoyed a 90 minute cruise of about half of Payette lake. Nice crew and affordable prices. Good chance to see the lake from the water

Visited September 2013