Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
Super 8 McCall(McCall)(Great Value!)
$93
$106
$103
TripAdvisor
$133
BestWestern.com
The Rustic Inn(McCall)(Great Value!)
$75
Brundage Inn(McCall)(Great Value!)
$77
Travelocity
Shore Lodge(McCall)
$159
Hotwire.com
Long Valley Motel(Donnelly)(Great Value!)
$70
Travelocity
Ashley Inn(Cascade)
$159
Tamarack Resort(Donnelly)
Hotels.com
All reviewspancake housefront deskjacuzzi roomcinnamon rollsbusiness tripriver rafting triphour coffeehave stayed here several timeslocal airportlarge tvrooms are nicekeurig coffee makercontinental breakfastlocation is greatbeautiful hotelan upgradeyear round
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Being on a business trip, I had the pleasure of staying at The Hunt Lodge for more than 7 days. During my stay the staff was always professional, helpful and friendly. They have a well-equipped exercise room, and I was surprised to see that there was a weight scale. The breakfast each morning is the best I have ever had at a hotel. What a selection! (The coffee was superb!) Their spa and pool were spotless, and were a great ending to a stressful work day. I had a Deluxe King Room. It was large, comfortable, very clean and had a "at home" feeling to it. I am having a hard time trying to come up with something that is wrong with this hotel....but I cannot! Highly recommend you give it a try.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Looks, smells and feels brand new! Great, warm chocolate cookies. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice hot tub and pool. The bed is huge, and super comfortable. Free internet even in the room. Lots of parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerame P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your Recent review of our hotel The Hunt Lodge. It really encourages the staff to know that they are fulfilling the needs of our loyal customers. We hope to see you back soon before the winter is over! Thank you again for choosing The Hunt Lodge for lodging needs in McCall, ID.
Jerame Petry

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have been staying here on intermittently business the last few months. This has changed my view slightly as it charms wear off over extended stays. Firstly is the lack of any real warmth from the front desk. After multiple i don't think they even know my name, and certainly don't care about any preferences for a comfortable stay. I can live with that, but this last stay I called down to the desk at 2:30 am stating I was ill and did they have any Ibuprofen, they didn't which was OK, but when checking out the next am, no one even asked how I was feeling ??? At least pretend to care.
The breakfast has no variation, and the closest thing to "fresh" are bananas that invariably have brown spots.
The rooms were recently renovated, with my favorite change being new lamps with plugins, but the mattresses have not been upgraded.
This continues to be a good spot to stay overnight or for a leisure, but for business the overall noise level, lack of food options, and superficial customer service do not delight.

Room Tip: avoid rooms next to the elevator (11,12,13), very noisy
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
thehuntlodge, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear JudyfromBoise,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay. I want to sincerely apologize for any lack of customer service that you experienced while staying with us. It is our intention to make every guest feel as though they are important and make their stay as comfortable as possible. As you mentioned we are in the midst of an extensive remodel as well as hiring several new staff members. We are attempting to get everyone up to speed on our new system as well as guest relations. It is our intention to make your stay more enjoyable and I'm sorry that this was not the case during your visits. During the remodel we have tried to make changes that will benefit our guests, especially our business traveler's. We did in fact add all new furniture, including bed frames and mattresses as well as microwaves and refrigerators in every room. You mentioned that you enjoyed the plug in's in the lamps and I was happy to hear that. During your next stay please feel free to come to us personally and let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant. Again, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced. Have a wonderful New Year!!

Sincerely.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel is updated, clean, and quiet. It has a heated pool, hot tub, fitness center, and free wifi.

The breakfast is better than most ones you get free with a stay. It includes biscuits and gravy, pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc... My only complaint is that the apple juice was diluted and tasted like flavored water. My husband said that the orange juice was normal.

The room was an adequate size with a comfortable bed, large TV, refrigerator, and microwave. The heater/air conditioner was quiet. The only things I didn't like were that the sink was slow to drain and the sheets/pillow cases had random, faint blood stains all over them.

• Stayed: December 2013
thehuntlodge, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear 2tortoiseshells,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay. We love to hear from our guest's as it helps us improve our quality of service. We are looking into our juice machine to see if the apple juice is being diluted a bit too much. I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. You also mentioned a stain on the pillow case in your room. I apologize for that. We go through our linens daily to try to avoid that sort of thing so the room attendants have been made aware of the situation. We hope to see you again soon and wish you a wonderful New Year!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I try to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels when I can because of past good experiences. I was happily surprised at the beautiful decor of The Hunt Lodge. After the construction (which caused minimal problems at most) this place will be the fanciest 2 1\2 star I've stayed at.

My biggest "complaint" would be that the breakfast room was more dimly lit than I'd like for reading. Oh, and there was a small piece of fuzz on one of the lights in the bathroom--yes, that's the big complaint.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms above the first floor so that I can open the windows all the way.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
thehuntlodge, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Grant S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We love to hear about our guest's experiences! As you noticed we are under a complete renovation and can't wait to unveil the finished product! All of our rooms will be brand new as well as new carpet and amenities throughout the hotel. We hope to see you again in the spring spring when everything is finished. As for that pesky piece of dust in the bathroom, I went and tackled it myself! Have a wonderful holiday season!