“Not so what i am used to”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Idaho, United States
“Not so what i am used to”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Being a priority club member I am used to being treated a little specialt by the front desk-you know, a little gift bag or at least a "thank you for staying with us." Not at this property! Treated like we are putting them out by staying here. I believe it was les schwab that said it is the business to serve the customer not for them to serve you.

Worse was the gobs of white substance on the floor near our bed. Found it when i went to plug my phone in. Tried to call down to front desk but phone didnt work! Manager came up, saw and asked "what do you want me to do?" Seriously!? When i told him i wasnt staying in this room he offered to put us in another room. Next morning when we went to check out we were in

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Michael E,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I am sorry you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. I also regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Plymouth, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love to come up to McCall for the weekend every so often and I have always been treated very well at the Hunt Lodge. This last time, the room was upgraded, so we got the fridge and microwave - woohoo!Thank-you for a wonderful weekend; even tho it was raining, it was still great. And a thank-you to the staff for always being so courteous and pleasant. :) Also, the beds are sinfully comfortable! I wanted to take the bed home with me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Oscoda, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We used our priority club points to stay here and it didn't take very many (as opposed to other places we have stayed). The woman at the front desk was friendly and professional. The room was HUGE. For the two of us it was more than adequate while being cozy. It had a refrigerator, microwave and two tvs (one for bedroom and one for living space). The only thing that wasn't great about it was the breakfast... It was the standard stuff. But I try to eat gluten free which is nearly impossible in ANY hotel free breakfast.
We would definetly stay there again. It is close enough to downtown stuff but isn't so close it's noisy.

• Stayed June 2013
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I went to McCall off-season to enjoy some quiet and get some rest. The room was small but clean. Our 2nd day we asked at the front desk to have our room cleaned while we were out. We told them we would be gone about 2 hours. On return our room wasn't done. No one was at the front desk. After a wait we finally were able to ask about our room. He went somewhere and came back telling us our room would be cleaned next. After over a 45 min. wait our room was still not done. The young man said said the maid thought we didn't want our room cleaned, and then went on with several more excuses. He gave us a gift bag. After another half an hour our room was finally cleaned. We opened our gift to find sample sized deodorant, toothpaste, and other of the free samples the hotel offers to guests. Ridiculous gift. We returned it the next morning when we checked out and were told that this was what they offered as gifts to guests who have had problems. Obviously, the staff needs a lot better training!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Kim T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband wanted to give me a nice relaxing birthday weekend. Upon arrival we learned there was a very large family reunion at the hotel with lots of kids. Claire at the front desk learned we were here for a get away and accomodated us wonderfully! She placed us at the opposite end of the hotel from the majority of the families here. It was so quiet and wonderful. Only 2 times did we hear the running and yelling of kids in the hallway. We felt like we were the only ones here. Waking up to snow in april was peaceful and meditative. Thank you claire you are a valued employee and provide excellent customer service !

• Stayed April 2013
Payette, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I live just two hours from McCall and it's one of my favorite weekend get-away places. This was my first stay at the Hunt Lodge and I was very impressed by the look and feel of the hotel. It was a nice fit with the surrounding area. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown and there are several restaurants nearby as well.
My room was clean and well-kept, as was the entire hotel. The front desk staff were very helpful upon check-in and check-out. My only negative experience, which was out of the control of the hotel staff, was the call I got at midnight on the hotel phone from someone claiming to be the assistant general manager of the hotel asking for my credit card information because he claimed the reservation system had crashed. I reported the incident to the front desk and was informed by the desk clerk that there were other people that evening who received the same call. Again, no fault of the hotel's at all, but it marred an otherwise perfect stay.
I will certainly be back again the next time I need a close-by getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is nice enough. A bit far to walk to restaurants. The breakfast is good in the morning although not for early or late risers (6:30 - 9:30). My first few mornings I struggled with a shower that wouldn't drain so the tub filled with cool water during my shower. However, the day I reported the problen it was fixed! The tv's are old tube style, no HDTV. Not mini-fridge. Toilet has a bit of brownish moisture around the base. The tub enclosure and bathroom counter is stone... nice, but the soap dished also stone in the shower have no drainage. So the soap and shampoo sits in stagnant cold water for your entire stay. Decent coffee in the lobby. Bed has a single comforter/duvet that is all, no smaller light blanket. The ac / heat unit is the older syle that you twist a dial on a unit mounted under the window. Exercise room has a decent variety of equipment and a nautilaus type machine, but the rest of the equipment is old and needs updating. Not bad overall, but dated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
thehuntlodge, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear RFA2249,

Thank you for the comments about your recent stay.

I'm happy to write that we've recently upgraded all of our TVs to 37" LED HDTVs to improve the guest experience in the hotel rooms and public areas. Come back and check them out!

The information you've provided helps enhance our awareness of the hotel and the overall condition issues you experienced. Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,

Jon Glidewell
The Hunt Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge & Suites
#4 of 8 in McCall
Brundage Inn
Brundage Inn
#6 of 8 in McCall

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge? Share your experiences!