“Substandard Cancellation Policy”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Approximately 3 months prior to our planned stay at this motel in conjunction with the Ride Idaho bike tour, we had to cancel our trip due to a change in my husband's work schedule. We were not refunded our $139.86 and instead were given a gift certificate in that amount for a future stay which will expire in 2013. This left such a bad taste in our mouths that we are unlikely ever to stay there if we ever do plan a trip to that area in the next year, and we're still somewhat baffled that a well known chain like this gets away with such a low-end business practice. Every other hotel/motel along the way refunded our money. Our advice to you: make a reservation somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Holiday Inn Hunt's Lodge gives a lot of bang for the buck. Free WiFi, The indoor pool, linen package, beds, bathroom, and free breakfast are of good solid quality. It misses that next step in luxury by not having grounds or garden, and for the wall unit heat/AC.
Because of that this has the feel of a nice motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here during our 5-day visit to McCall. The hotel is clean, decor well done, great beds and linens, and excellent breakfast. It was a great place to base our visit to the area. Reservations handled well and room maintained well during our visit. Love the coffee availability, beverages/ice on each floor and free newspaper.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen55057MN
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Oh, where do I begin! I have never been more excited to receive a survey and have the opportunity to give my feedback on an experience. Brett, an individual working at the front desk upon our initial arrival, was atrocious.

My guest and I arrived at approximately 2:15pm. We walked into the lobby, weighted down in bags and stood at the front desk, staring at Brett, while he stood in front of us working on paperwork. There is an impossible chance that he did not hear us come in. We stood for about a minute before my guest got his attention. His first statement was not "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you!" or "Welcome to the Holiday Inn!" it was a dismal, lackluster, "Can I help you?"--obviously you can help us. We didn't just stop in for free coffee. I explained that we wanted to check in. His response was "Well your rooms won't be ready yet so come back later." Brett didn't offer to check our luggage. He didn't offer up a time to return, nor did he apologize for the inconvenience.

We packed up our luggage and left, assuming that we should return around three. My guest and I returned at approximately 3:10. We walked in, same as before, loaded up with luggage. Brett was now talking to another individual--a blonde girl--and neither associate greeted us. After standing for about a minute AT the desk, with the two associates immediately in front of us, we were FINALLY greeted by Brett with a "Can I help you?" -- I find it absolutely jaw-dropping that he could not remember us from less than an hour ago and that he STILL was lacking a welcoming attitude.

At this point, I was upset. If you plan on running a profitable business, you have to treat your customers with compassion and an "I can help you" attitude. This includes welcoming them to your establishment and acknowledging them in a timely manner. Brett demonstrated the complete opposite. As someone who has spent countless hours in Priority Club hotel rooms to earn points to use on this trip, I was absolutely let down and infuriated by my experience. After this visit, I would have been more willing to PAY for a room elsewhere then to use the points I had earned.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Taylor W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Taylor W,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for leaving us a feedback. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the unacceptable service you have received during your stay. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously as this issue will be looked into immediately. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is the third time we have stayed at The Hunt Lodge. The rooms are still clean and well kept like all the previous times. In the past the service was absolutely great. Front desk service this trip was indifferent at best. My husband remarked that "She was only friendly because she had to be." We are not demanding hotel guests but we do appreciate it when hotel staff make an effort to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RitaMae541
thehuntlodge, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear RitaMae541,

Thank you very much for posting your review. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay in the past with us and returned for a visit. I am concerned with the level of service you received and would like to learn more about the experience so I can make sure it doesn't happen again. If you would please e-mail me at jon.glidewell@thehuntlodge.com or call (208) 634-4700, then we can discuss ways to make it better.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel was the cleanest and best maintained Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in. Also, the front desk personnel were extremely service conscious and helpful almost to a fault. Other hotel personnel encountered were courteous and professional Great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 756brianm

Dear, Brian M:

Thank you!!! We absolutely loved reading your comment. In fact, we enlarged and printed your review, then posted it on the wall in our employee reception area. It's comments like yours that make us all delighted to have an opportunity to serve. Thank you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Comfortable rooms, nice pool with jacuzzi, good staff. Lots of stuffed mounts, so not for the squeamish.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TBeaupre

Dear, TBeaupre:

We are glad you posted a review! Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about The Hunt Lodge. If there is anything else we can assist with in the future, please let me know!

The Hunt Lodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites
#7 of 8 in McCall
Brundage Bungalows
Brundage Bungalows
#4 of 11 in McCall

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge? Share your experiences!