“Limited selection of gluten free items”
Review of Stacey Cakes

Stacey Cakes
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in McCall
Good for: Business meetings
Description: Made from scratch, and baked fresh daily four days a week, Thursday - Sunday from 8am to 4pm.
Sisters, Oregon
“Limited selection of gluten free items”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

McCall is a "hip" vacation town so I was surprised to find that the official bakery in town was only open Thursday - Sunday, starting at 8am, and had limited gluten free items. They offered 3 items that were gluten free. I purchased their ho ho product on Thursday, and when I returned for a treat on Friday, all of their gluten free items were gone! They did not replenish their supply for the remainder of their work week. It was very disappointing.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank pancakeprincess1961
eatmorecakes s, Owner at Stacey Cakes, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for pointing out the obvious, as evident to any person who would come into my shop, and get a first hand view of our kitchen, the amount of gluten laden flour flying around the place makes it virtually impossible for us to create "Gluten Free" products. I do make a few items every so often that are produced without flour, but I am NOT a Gluten Free bakery, nor do I in any way claim to be. I bake what I love to eat! I recommend other local options for customers with dietary concerns, especially when I can not accommodate their requirements. Just as an individual with a vegan diet would not be looking to dine at a steakhouse, without knowing their options are very limited, I cannot truthfully offer a selection of product in a type of baking I do not specialize in. So thank you for trying us out, hope you were able to find a better selection of Gluten Free items elsewhere, sadly for some, donuts and gluten free are just not my passion...

Seattle, Washington, United States
“oh heaven”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

NOT TO BE MISSED. ginger cookies, salted caramel cheesecake, chocolate torte, peanut butter cookies.. oh all so lovely... we turned the happy ginger cookies into a smore later that night.. DIVINE!...

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Corine C
eatmorecakes s, Owner at Stacey Cakes, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Sounds like you had a delicious tasting of many of our popular treats,,,,,Snap S'mores....sounds divine, we also like to make mini ice cream sandwiches with the gingersnaps as well, they are great to stock the freezer with during the summer months....Thank you for visiting, hope to see you back in the shop to try more soon..
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Must Go!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We would never have found this wonder if it weren't for these reviews. We confirm that Stacey Cakes, open only between Thursday and Sunday, produces interesting delicious treats in a quirky little shop hidden off the main drag through McCall, Idaho. My favorite taste was simply the oversized chocolate chip cookie, which put all other chocolate cookies to shame.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GreyTravels
eatmorecakes s, Owner at Stacey Cakes, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thanks for the positive review, glad you enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies, they seem simple, but they are my favorite too....It is my grandmothers recipe, and it holds a special place in my heart!! Glad you found us!
Pullman, Washington
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I visited with the family and we tried the Chocolate Cupcakes, Sugarbuns and Cinnamin Roles.
All three were very tasty. I will definitely visit again!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Spark1815
eatmorecakes s, Owner at Stacey Cakes, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for the kind words, hope you can make it back to try even more of our selection.
Idaho
“Best Baked Goods EVER”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Don't miss the soft gingersnaps or the tender scones. Stacey Cakes pastries are out of this world yummy.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Stef B
eatmorecakes s, Owner at Stacey Cakes, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Stef B, thank you for the positive review, glad you enjoyed our signature gingersnaps and scones, we appreciate yo spreading the gospel of our handmade treats.

Been to Stacey Cakes? Share your experiences!