“In a lovely location”
Review of Hotel McCall

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McCall
Hotel McCall
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We arrived on a miserable afternoon in McCall with no reservation, the receptionist at Hotel McCall was more than welcoming and offered us a King Room with a nice comfy bed and spa tub in the bathroom. Our room looked out over the back of the hotel so no view as such but it seemed quite adequate.
The salt water pool was a real treat and lovely to use after a long drive.
Cookies & milk was a nice touch on the evening but coffee would have been nice too especially as this wasn't available within the room.
The complimentary self service continental breakfast was fine, choice of fruit juice, cereals/porridge, bagels, muffins etc.
Sadly our stay wasn't as restful as hoped, we struggled to sleep due to the constant drone of what can only be described as a generator (wasn't our a/c unit as this was switched off), I mentioned this to the reception staff on check out, they seemed quite shocked and said they would look into it.
When we went to collect our car we realised our room was very close to the pool area and the buzzing of the equipment room was what had kept us awake...

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Had a great weekend stay with my family. The milk and cookies at the end of a busy day were great for the kids. There new indoor pool was fun while watching the snow fall. There tubs are small but jetted. Nice location, able to walk to just about everything. Didn't have an issue with the staff but we were there in the off season. Would stay again during the cheaper rates.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Hotel McCall is the perfect location for both couples and families. Located right across the street from the lake in downtown McCall, this hotel offers, contemporary rooms, a great restaurant and all the amenities within walking distance.

I would highly recommend this as THE best lodging option in McCall.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The location is the best part of this hotel. It is located right near Legacy Park (beach) and all the cute little shops. However, I purchased my package through livingsocial which stated that nearly all the rooms were "lakeview", but when I called to book, I was told none of the rooms were "lakeview" except for the multi-room condo units. I was told the room I was booking would come with a "partial lakeview", which I figured would be fine. I had no view at all, as tree branches were right out my window completely obstructing my view. Not good. My livingsocial package also included golf, and since I'm not a golfer, I asked when I booked if I could sub for something else, like dinner at their restaurant. I was told I would have to ask the manager when I arrived. So, upon check-in I asked again, and was told that I had spoke to the manager in the first place when I booked, and so, no, I would not be allowed to sub for the golf. Not great customer service.... But the room was clean and had a jetted tub, so that was nice. Value was only okay, as I was also charged an up-charge of $15 per day to have a room with a mini- fridge. I may consider this hotel when we return, but will also look into other options.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank cholan1
Ginny A, Manager at Hotel McCall, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The Hotel McCall. The Living Social package is a partnership between Jug Mtn. Ranch for golf and The Hotel McCall. It was sold as a package with a standard type room, a round of golf for two, golf cart, and a bottle of wine. The cost was $199.00 plus tax for two nights. So we can see with our room rate being $135.00 per night and a round of golf for one is $65.00 with the wine, the total package was valued at over $400.00. The restaurant in the Hotel McCall, Rupert's is an independent business and did not partner with us on this offering. The package on this is sold as stated and the only thing we could do was do an upgrade to a larger room. We are thinking of doing another Living Social Fall package with Rupert's which we hope you will watch for. I hope this clarifies how the packages are sold.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

this is a great hotel, in an excellent downtown location, and within walking distance to most in town stores and shops. it has been recently updated and it really is a lovely hotel. the reason I'm giving this hotel a negative rating is that the service and staff are HORRIBLE. they are rude and argumentative almost to the point of being openly hostile. they also claim to be 'pet friendly' but it is exclusive to one room and for small dogs only.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank heidi h
Ginny A, Manager at Hotel McCall, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Heidi thank you for taking the time to comment about the Hotel McCall. We take each review seriously good or bad. We are sorry about the miscommunication about your pet. We have only 19 rooms and feel being new to the pet friendly hotel world that we had to limit the number of rooms and the size of the dog. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed in 10 hotels in 10 nights and this was our favorite! Great location, beautiful room and talk about a stunning backdrop! The front desk people were very friendly and professional. The bed was super comfortable and the jetted tub was awesome! Even though we live far away we plan to come back.

Room Tip: We were in a King room but got a peak at the full suite next door - I would totally recommend it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were thrilled with Hotel McCall's service and rooms. I spoke with Amy months prior to our son's wedding reservation and she was so accomodating, patient and sweet. Marty and Kim went out of their way to provide us with a few "special needs" that we really appreciated. Linda was very nice too. The price was reasonable considering it was summertime. The location was perfect. It overllooked the Lake, plus it was conveniently located for shopping, beach, playground, ice rink, and a great outdoor fountain for kids. We highly recomment Hotel McCall and would love to visit again.
Jack and Olivia Chaney
July 28, 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank OliviaFresno
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites
#5 of 8 in McCall
Super 8 McCall
Super 8 McCall
#4 of 8 in McCall

Been to Hotel McCall? Share your experiences!