“Snow lacking but runs were still fun”
Review of Brundage Mountain

Brundage Mountain
Ranked #3 of 22 things to do in McCall
More attraction details
Owner description: Located high in the mountains of Central Idaho, Brundage Mountain is best known for its powder-packed glades and luxuriously wide groomed runs. Blessed with over 320 inches of snowfall annually, Brundage has an undisputed reputation for the Best Snow in Idaho™. 1,500 acres of terrain and 1,800 feet of vertical make Brundage Mountain a mid-sized resort that 'skis big'.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Last year we spent a few days skiing a Schweitzer near Sandpoint, Idaho. We decided to give Brundage Mountain a try this year in celebration of the Christmas holidays and my husband's birthday. We really appreciated the mountain's close location to McCall, Idaho. It was an easy, quick commute to the mountain in our own car. There was only about 20 inches of snow at the base and 3 feet at the summit. The mountain staff had done a good job of grooming to manage the small amount of snow that was being enjoyed by so many people on December 27th. There was a sizable line for the main lift by the lodge, so we headed to Lakeview chair on the town side of the mountain. The lines were short, but the chairs were slow. A long ride on the chair gave us time to rest as we were not yet in good shape for ski season! There are no long runs, but what is offered overall provides interest and fun to medium level skiiers. The ticket pricing was appropriate for the mountain amenities. I just wish that the toilets were located on the first floor of the lodge, not the second! We'd planned to ski for 2 days but didn't feel there was enough snow to justify the expense. We plan to return some day when there's lots of snow on the mountain.

There are newer reviews for Brundage Mountain

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Brundage is PERFECT for all types of skiing. We especially love off trail and tree skiing and there is plenty to go around at Brundage! Snow conditions are almost ALWAYS perfect! The employees are VERY friendly and love to visit. Especially the guy at the top of the Centennial Chair! He always waves and smiles! All around great environment and family friendly!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great snow, fun runs, few crowds, no wait lift lines, amazing season pass prices...that is what I am talking about! This mountain is about the skiing, not all the frills other resorts focus on. I would much rather have lower prices than a fancy lodge to take a break in. The bar has AMAZING food by the way. LOVE the smoked salmon sandwich, awesome fries. First time having venison stew and it was perfect.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been skiing/snowboarding at Brundage Mtn for over 20 years now and always enjoyed the great conditions. I have skied all over the US and Brundage Mtn is by far my most favorite. This past weekend we hiked the mountain (twice) and rode the ski lift up. At $12/per person ($10 discount coupons available at Home Town Sports) it's a very good deal. Next time we're bringing the mountain bikes!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Snow is always great. Manageable lines. Hill for every ability.
Choices fro the budget minded.Bear Hill lift is discounted. My wife finds these moderate runs more than satisfying. The full mountain pass gives me all I could ever want . The back side of the hill offers the best powder skiing in Idaho. Beautiful landscapes and vistas , makes my trips to Brundage some of my very best memories.