“Dinner and Movie night!”
Review of Narrows - CLOSED

Narrows
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Narrows offers fine dining with unrivaled Pacific-Northwest fare served in an unforgettable setting.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We decided to have a very casual anniversary evening at the Shore Lodge and take advantage of the Dinner and Movie offer. What in amazing dinner at the "Narrows". The menu was amazing with the choices, and our selection totally pleased our taste buds!!!!!!YUMMM
The staff was very attentive and took good care of us. Our seating could of not been better in front of pictures windows overlooking the Lake area, heck we felt we where floating on the Lake warm and cozy.
The Movie-theater is a nice facility that were familiar with and like, however the movie was not quite our type of movie, but the choice was ours and we had a fantastic evening. Thank you!!!!

There are newer reviews for Narrows

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The view is amazing, right on the lake and the wall is glass.

We tried four or five appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts. All were absolutely delicious. Some dishes were very unusual and creative like a dessert that was rolled in a crepe with tapioca, strawberry, mango with a strawberry/ginger dipping sauce. The presentation was excellent and more importantly the flavors and combinations of flavors were outstanding. Kudos to the kitchen!

The wait staff also was very good, attentive, but not overly so, and cheerful.

All around pleasant experience dining at the Narrows.

2  Thank KJF99
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Enjoyed the romantic mood with lights dimmed and candles lit. Our waiter was attentive but not annoying. I had the Grouper with lobster sauce $35? (ok), tamale (good), swiss chard (awesome). Added a side of sliced potatoes with onions $6 (amazing). My husband started with raw oysters $20 and loved them, especially the small ones. They were sweet and super fresh. His main dish was the Kobe steak $36? (perfect), and side of mushrooms $6 (perfect). We have eaten here a few times over the years and they always have a good menu, wine list and atmosphere.

2  Thank LeslieIdaho_USA
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were in McCall for the long MLK weekend. We went to Shore Lodge to check out the newly remodeled rooms. We are booked for a week in March. We had no intentions of staying for dinner, but so pleased that we did!
Justice, the hostess was a pleasure and always had a smile on her face. She let us take menu's and sit with drinks and look it over. The menu looked delicious and the kids menu was EXCELLENT. Not the same old chicken fingers and burger. This kids menu has salmon and a filet! Served just like the adult menu, but smaller. It was PERFECT! My 11 yr old got the kids filet and asked for it to be cooked medium rare. I figured it would come out well done (for a child) but it was just as she loves it.....medium rare! Kudo's to the chef!
My husband got the raw bar and had the best oysters ever..He is still talking about them! I had the Narrows salad that was delicious. Our entree's were terrific. I had the filet, perfectly cooked medium rare and my husband had the pheasant, which was too die for. We shared a huge baked potato. The service was spot on, without being intrusive. Water always filled, coffee never went empty....Everything was excellent.........We cant wait until March to stay in this gorgeous hotel and have more dinners at The Narrows.......
Visit Dean, the bartender in the bar....He was a hoot and makes some great cocktails!

2  Thank Dana1962
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here with friends and have been here several times before. The view of Payette Lake is one of the best anywhere in the world. The food at the Narrows overall is very good, but pricey. The menu has a wide variety of choices from starters such as wild mushroom broth with lobster dumplings and seared Georges Bank scallops to entries including King salmon, grouper, pheasant breast and elk loin. It also serves several cuts of steak with a choice of several sauces including peppercorn-brandy and bearnaise. I had the pheasant breast with chorizo stuffing, green onion potato rosito and bacon-pearl onion gravy. The pheasant was very moist and tender and the potato and gravy complimented the pheasant very well. My wife and another friend had filet mignon. My wife said it was the best she had ever had. While the food was overall very good, there were a few in attention to details that detracted from the evening. One friend ordered a vodka tonic, only to receive a vodka and water. He also ordered a baked potato that was served cold with his dinner. When it came to coffee, the staff ran out of fresh coffee. When the main courses were served the waiter had not put in place the proper knives for the order. Again, my wife and I will come again for the beautiful view and the lake and the overall quality of the food.

3  Thank Dale H