“Not what I expected.”
Review of Mack's Inn Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Macks Inn
Mack's Inn Resort
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Diffently not what I expected. Is very rustic. Fly swatter on the wall next to the door so that you can kill the flys, insects etc.as you walk in, There was smashed moths on the wall that had not been removed. Never could get the water hot for a shower. Bed sat about 6 inches from the floor, and very uncomfortable. Bugs crawled across your feet while using the restroom. This really was like be out camping bugs and all. No TV, phone to call front desk etc. My teens who will just about do anything would not stay another night. We left and found somewhere else to stay the rest of your vacation.
Staff was very friendly only good thing about this place.

1  Thank kate0574

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've been going to Macks Inn to float the river for several years now. The fishing is wonderful and a day on the river beats a day at work anytime. The float rentals are reasonably priced and its great that I can leave my car and get a ride up to the start and not have to shuffle cars around. The cabins range from small to quite large depending on your needs and I find them to be very relaxing. Your out in the woods in log cabins next to a river so you will battle with bugs there's no way around it be prepared for it.They have made some improvements to most of the cabins this year and a nice touch I might add. I've gone up 3 times this year and will be going back this weekend to fish and float for the day. If your looking for a great family adventure I would suggest Macks.

Room Tip: if theres more then 2 of you get a bigger cabin the single cabins are quite small so if you dont min...
1  Thank groovybravobaby
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The bed sheets were dirty! The "hot" water was tepid, maybe 70 degF, both at 10 pm and 6 am; it wasn't just out of water the heater appears set that low. The knob that controls the heater was broken. If i didn't have apair of needle nose plier with me, we would have been very cold. The outside temperaure dropped below freezing. The molding in the bathroom was pulled out from the wall. The office appear to close at about 9 pm so there was no place to go for help.

Do not even think about staying at this place

Room Tip: Keep going West Yellowstone isn't that far.
2  Thank sharon o
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was surprised to read any positive reviews for this place. Is it possible that there could be one clean room there? If only a made bed could make this place clean.

My husband booked this place online. There is one thing i have come to learn about booking a hotel off the internet, don't stay anywhere that doesn't show a picture of the hotel or the accomodations. A picture of the river just doesn't quite explain this place. Frankly, I was nervous just leaving our car to check out the room when we arrived. When I saw an old, worn hillbilly type sitting on a chair with his shirt off puffing on a pipe, i was even more uneasy. That man looked like a fixture, like he had been in that chair for the past 50-100 years. We had to pass through a cloud of his smoke on the way to the "room." When we opened the door to our room we were aghast. Even our pre-teen, adventurous, kids were quite eager to leave. My husband is the most positive, hopeful, polite man on the planet and he tried to play it down. He would almost rather sleep in with bedbugs to avoid a confrontation...almost, but not quite. We looked around the room with our jaws dropped open. The "kitchenette" that was advertised in our room appeared pulled out of the wall with the pipes exposed...I'm guessing a roach infestation? The comforter on the bed appeared to have bed bugs, and there were maggots near the shower. Enough said. I would rather sleep in my car. Words cannot express this place. From the outside of the Riverside building it looked like it was a cinderblock prison, and i wanted out!

Anyway, my husband finally decided that he would rather pay the $250, or whatever we reserved it for, to NOT stay there...and I supported that decision. Suprisingly, they didn't take our money, but I don't think the person behind him in line to cancel was quite as fortunate.

Another warning about this place, is that they have a two-week cancellation policy...what respectful, quality hotel has that?

As a side note, I would definitely recommend anyone traveling through Island Park to stop at Upper & Lower Mesa Falls! That was beautiful--and the only reason I would ever travel through that area. Otherwise, my advice is to keep driving! Do not stop here!

Room Tip: Warning: Do not be tricked into thinking this place is worth a try, it's definitely not! You cou...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Esteph55
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at the hotel and found it very accommodating. The room was clean and neat. If you wanted to fish you only had to walk a few hundred feet to get to the river.The staff was very friendly. There was two very good restaurants within driving distance.

Room Tip: stay at the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Doug045
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We booked a reservation at Mack's Inn in Island Park, ID based on a recommendation from a friend, but were very disappointed. We had a small cabin, and the couple with us had a motel room, and neither was even close to acceptable. We asked to change to a different room type ("condo" on the riverfront), and these rooms were a little better, but still marginal and more expensive. This whole property is run down, ill maintained, and badly in need of a major overhaul. The location isn't great (we were touring Yellowstone and it's just too far away) but we booked it because of the rates. Even though the rates were great, the rooms are so bad that it wasn't worth it. Place gave us the creeps! We ended up staying one night instead of the three planned, and moved into West Yellowstone to the Comfort Inn. What a difference, but of course, a lot more money.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MB886
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Wish I had read these reviews before we booked the place. Immediate discomfort from the time we stepped in the cabin. That is after squeezing through the door that would barely open. Toilet was leaking all over the bathroom floor, water stayed in shower stall instead of draining, kitchen smelled like gas, graffito scribbled all over, curtains dirty and barely hanging on the windows and etc. All is old and falling apart and I wouldn't even walk on the floors with bare feet. Way over charged for what we got in return. People partied all night long, came and went on ATV'S so got very little sleep.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Clz06

Been to Mack's Inn Resort? Share your experiences!