“Non-smoking room had been smoked in”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Just an average place. The price was right and would be ok for one night if the previous guest hadn't smoked in the non-smoking room. It took most of the night with the window open and the AC full blast to get rid of the cigarette stink. Room corners had not been vacuumed in some time. Handy location though, and the woman at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MHidaho

Reviewed July 20, 2010

We checked in on July 7th for 4 days and used choice points for our last night. The first person when checking in said we might have to check out on Saturday morniing and check back in, but to ask the desk person in the morning. I followed her instructions and spoke to the morning person at the desk. She indicated that we would not have to check out and check back in on Saturday. Well guess what, the maids were trying to open our door @11am and the front desk called for us to vacate the room. They needed the room for a block of rooms for a wedding party and she stated we did not have a reservation that night. The manager is gone til August and no one could help us. I had to go and searched the car for the reservation for Saturday night and go to the front desk. The manager is out of town for 3 weeks and leaves new employees to handle problems. Surely not worth all the trouble. We should have checked out the 1st night after we saw the view from our window. Think twice about this one and never try to use choice points for a free stay. It's way to complicated!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank boscobass
Reviewed September 19, 2008

We have stayed several places in Lewiston and we wanted to try someplace different this time. I wish we didn't!!! We only stayed one night at the Comfort Inn. I don't think our noses could have handled another. We were only in town for one day for a family function. We arrived pretty late and my husband checked us in, as I grabbed our things. Our room was on the first floor, first room on the right. I wasn't too happy about that since we were right next to the pool, but I figured it was late and we shouldn't hear much noise. Walking to our room wasn't a good sign. The hallway was hot and stuffy and smelled disgusting! I knew then, we did NOT make a good choice in hotels. How is this place ranked #2 on Tripadvisor????????? I never book a room without checking tripadvisor and #1 ranked Holiday Inn Express was sold out, because of the County Fair, so I thought we would be safe going with #2. No, no, no. Once we opened the door to our room, I had to hold my breath. I was not going to complain in front of our kids, so I rushed them in and had them change into their swimsuits, so they could get in a little bit of swimming before the pool closed. I am pretty sure the place is pet friendly, so I wouldn't let my kids walk around the room or the bathroom barefoot. The hotel is VERY dated and worn and it seems like they are trying to "cover up" the rotten stench with a horrible cheap air freshener, that only makes it worse. The pool was ok. By the railing was a hole, with rust all over that I had to make sure my kids stayed away from. The hot tub water was a strange yellow color. The kids were not allowed in there! I had to keep telling myself this is only a place to sleep for the night to get through it. We woke up and went to breakfast, in the hotel. They offered waffles, cereals, and biscuits and gravy. That was the best thing about the whole experience. After breakfast we showered and left. Even after showering and putting on fresh clothes, I still did not feel clean. Our clothes had the stale yucky smell on them. Ugh, I still get sick to my stomach thinking about the place. I had to write this review, so others will hopefully choose a different place to stay while in Lewiston. Obviously, we will not be back.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Traveler_from_Idaho
Reviewed August 25, 2008

The hotel was great.The lady who booked us in via telephone was so nice and accomodating.We got a beautiful jacuzzi suite.The price was great for such an awesome room.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Stayed two nights at the hotel and had a very nice stay. We brought our pet dog and had no problems. Our room was clean and the pool and sauna were nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and everything worked good. The breakfast was nice and the waffles were exceptionally good. All the employees seemed real nice and friendly. The only thing I would recommend is to spread some pea gravel just inside the dog walk field. We noticed our dog stepped on some thorn bush branches and we had to pick some thorns out of his paws. Reasonably priced and we would not hesitate to go back. PS we originally had reservations at another hotel but canceled after reading it's reviews in TripAdvisor. Comfort Inn had good reviews so we tried it. Good decision!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank weluv2trav
Reviewed June 3, 2007

I stayed here, in room 222 (1-King) for a single Saturday night recently, and found the motel to be about what you can expect for this category of lodging. Nothing fancy, but not a dive. Hence the 3 stars rating I have given it.

The location is fairly convenient to most things in the Lewiston/Clarkston area, as long as you have a vehicle. There are some restaurants, stores, etc within walking distance but I wouldn't rely on it especially if you're interested in variety. But 10 minutes or less drive time gets you to almost every part of the two cities.

I liked the fact that the motel did not sit right on a main arterial street, but was just a few turns off of one. Close and convenient without the noise and potential foot traffic through the property.

The grounds were clean, the lobby was tidy, and the room was fine. The room didn't have a noticeable odor, Air Con was working well on a day that saw the temps push triple digits, and there was a good-sized mini-fridge and microwave. The TV was decent-sized and had many cable stations available.

The bathroom had good counter space, a fan, a heat lamp, the newer curved type of curtain rod, and a showerhead tall enough for a 6'2" guy to comfortably shower beneath. Too bad the water pressure wasn't better. But the showerhead was adjustable, so you could switch from a finer spray to what some people, not I, call a massage stream.

I did not partake in the continental breakfast, but had some of the coffee that's always available, along with tea, in the lobby. It did the trick.. it tasted fresh at least.

The employees that I ran into were courteous and friendly, both at check-in and check-out.

I would stay here again, and would suggest it to friends and family, not as a wonderful place to stay, but a place that serves its purpose.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank RoyWally
Reviewed November 20, 2006

This was my second stay at the Comfort Inn. I was disappointed. We were allowed to check in 10 minutes early and the front clerk was friendly. The room smelled musty (more than just the regular Lewiston smell). The couch was pulled out from the wall at an angle, like it hadn't been put back after cleaning. The shampoo and soap were on top of the towels, once again like they hadn't been replaced after cleaning. The rest of the room was good. It was a large room with a king bed and sofa/bed. Even though it was a nonsmoking room, fresh smoke would come through the room occasionally.

The night clerk was less than friendly. She seemed standoffish and not welcoming. She was still there in the morning with the same attitude.

The pool and hot tub area was nice with plenty of towels on hand. The breakfast was a large assortment of pastries, waffles, cereal, biscuits and gravy and more. The oj machine was not working.

Overall not a bad stay, but not as good as in the past. I would still recommend the hotel as a good value.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank shinie29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Red Lion Hotel Lewiston
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
#7 of 13 in Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!