“nothing special”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
EPHRATA, WA
“nothing special”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have to agree with most of the other posts on this motel, it was just average, when we checked inthe owners daughter had a difficult running our cards and we ended up calling the card company to find out that she was pushing the wrong expiration date, rest of check in and out went fine..(new clerk) The rooms were ok with enough hot water and an air conditioner that worked, the breakfast was a little thin with no fresh fruit and very limited selection of pasteries. The parking lot is very tight but ok for most of their custermers. Good location with walking access to several eating places. This is the fifth time that I have stayed here over the years and it really needs a renovation, most of the desk clerks were good to work with, may be back if in the area and other motel is busy.

Room Tip: stay on the back side of the motel as is more quiet and at the ends of the motel away from the pool...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TATsam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cottonwood
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have stayed at this motel at least three times in the past four years. This time was almost the usual, not one I would rate any better than average. I made reservations on-line and failed to request a handicap room on the main floor - my fault, obviously. At check-in the clerk obviously had no concern for the obvious handicap of one of us and even when we requested a better room location we were denied. This motel does NOT have an elevator. We were assigned a room on the second floor at the end of the building. Navigating stairs is next to impossible for one of us and very difficult for the other. The long walk down the corridor then up two flights of stairs while carrying bags, was navigated with MUCH difficulty! The room was hot, and very smelly when we entered so I opened wide the window and turned on the fan/air conditioner. After about two hours it was less smelly and half way comfortable. One compensation was that the second floor is the top floor so there was no one above us stomping back and forth and the next door neighbors were quiet. The bathroom needed better cleaning, particularly around the tub - it was not good! The next morning, re-navigating the stairs - this time down - was no less difficult, in fact more so but again we did it. Breakfast left much to be desired; bake-yourself waffles were probably good but we did not try them. The "bakery" selection was poor at best: few to select and really "cheap" sweet rolls that might have been monday's retreads from the previous friday; microwaved bacon, didn't even look good and was micro-thin; scrambled eggs that were pretty good but not great; cold cereal, milk in pitchers, apple and orange juices, yogurt and coffee. Cost for the night had an added fee for "booking" that made the bill a few pennies under $100: not my idea of a reasonable fee for an average motel, sorry. Our next stay in this city, we will try another place to stay.

Room Tip: Be specific, you'll get no other consideration.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Irator
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family and I went to visit Lewiston/Clarkston on 05/08/13 and specifically wanted a hotel with a pool for a budget rate. Knowing Comfort Inn was more of a brand name hotel, I figured it had to be nice! I was wrong! Our first and only priority was being able to take our 4 year old son swimming. The pool and hot tub were NASTY! you could see dirt lineing the bottom, dead bugs floating on top, and I had to flick 4 ants off my son while sitting in the hot tub. The first night I assumed maybe they left the door open (to air out the smell of chlorine) and the next day it would be clean. NOPE! It was worse...I used our toys to scoop out bugs so we could enjoy time with our son. The other problem was our AC did not work...we left the room our first day with the AC on and came back to a hot muggy room. We requested another room and moved to a second room, AC also didnt work! It also smelt like hot body odor IT WAS DISGUSTING. They finally put us in a bigger room (the suite) which worked for the 7 hours we had left of our stay. I was very disatisfied with our stay and later after we left called to speak to the manager. I HAVE YET TO HEAR BACK FROM HIM. Overall, the stay and customer service was very poor and our next trip I would be willing to pay more for a better stay.

Room Tip: You can hear the floor rumbling when your on bottom floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jennie W

Travelers are raving about these Lewiston hotels

Seattle
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed 4/18, 4/19 and 4/20/2013. Check in was fine, rooms are standard, nothing fancy. Great breakfast options, did not really need anything. Quiet for the most part, room on parking lot side so coming and going of cars a little annoying at different hours, next time will request on other side. Great location to a lot of dining and shopping within walking distance. Walked to MJ Barleyhoppers at Red Lion for drinks, appetizers. Unfortunately did not get to try pool or hot tub, did have a strong smell of bleach throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: not on parking lot side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night and payed a $90 dollar/night rate. It was definitely not worth what we had to pay. Our "non-smoking" room smelled terribly of cigaret smoke. It did not feel very clean and we were disappointed. The staff was friendly but I think we would have rather paid the extra $10 or so to stay at one of the nicer hotels in the area. I think if you could stay there for $70-75/night it would be worth you money. Otherwise you'll probably be disappointed as we were.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TylerMP
Heidelberg
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This older motel was built in the 1990ies and is showing some age now. It is behind some fast food restaurants and near a very bad smelling paper mill and sawmill. When the wind is in the "false" direction, the bad smell is overwhelming. Motels offers a small indoor pool and also continental breakfast, which is served in a rather small room. Rooms are clean, but somewhat outdated and should be renovated soon. I would not pay more then 70 Dollars for this motel. Redlion lion next door is also old but seems to be renovated lately.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KevinH
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I recently spent the night at the Comfort Inn in Lewiston, Idaho. It was convienent to many restaurants. It was very quiet. Good location and the room was clean and very nice. The room comes with a hot breakfast. The breakfast was very good. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, cereals, yogart, a variety of breads to make toast and of course waffles. Juices, coffee and tea also. I can not comment on the kids activities because I didn't have any kids with me. However they have a nice looking indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Red Lion Hotel Lewiston
#7 of 13 in Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!