“Dirty Dirty Dirty”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Every Towel and rag either had yellow stains or red spots on them. The bed had several pieces of hair. This tells me that their housekeeping does not change the bed between guests and swaps out towels or their washing machines do not work. Spend the extra money and stay at the Red Lion or Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chad B
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed October 3, 2012

When I walked in the front door smell of bleach was quite prevalent, along with the sounds of a screaming child from the room behind the front desk. The bleach smell permeates the entire hotel, by the way. When I got to my room, I noticed a disagreeable smell under the smell of the bleach, which explains the bleach. The bad odor does appear to be that of dogs or a dog kennel that hasn't been cleaned in a while. I went to the front desk to complain about the smells. I was informed the smell of bleach means the hotel is clean. I disagreed and was told "everyone has an opinion." The child was still screaming. I asked if I went to another hotel if I would be penalized and was informed I would still have to pay for this room. On top of all that unpleasantness, there is no elevator so I had to drag a 70# bag up the stairs by myself and there are no restaurants nearby so if you don't have a vehicle you're screwed. Find another place.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another place.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chili W
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Since our destination hotel was in the process of converting to Comfort Inn, we added this motel to qualify for their $50 gift-card promotion. Big mistake. The carpet in the room was worn beyond replacement time and even had a hole in it. The mold in the shower had to be at least a month old. We didn't notice the mold until we got back from dinner and probably should have asked for another room but did not -- our mistake. We would never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Good hotel, close to 21st street, overlooking the hills and the river. Although the view isn't that great. The rooms are adequate. Seems a little aged, but the front desk staff was good.
I would not say this hotel is shabby, but there are things they can do to spiff up the place without much effort, such as fixing up the scuffed front door. Its not a big deal, but first impressions are that way!
Breakfast had bacon and eggs. So that was good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed here on the way to Boise and found the room clean and comfortable. The room has refigerator, microwave, wifi,airconditioner and is roomy with a seperate desk. There is also a single sofa chair to sit on to watch tv.It is off away from the main road and set back off the road. Which made for a very quiet stay. A continental breakfast is complimentery.There is an onsite pool which is good at the end of the long day on the road. The staff at the front desk were friendly & efficient. There are plenty of takeaway & restaurants within walking distance. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

On a recent road trip to Canada my wife and I spent one night at the Comfort Inn in Lewiston Idaho. If you are not aware of the location of the hotel prior to arriving may I suggest going on line (google maps works well) to determine the location. There are signs you can follow but the hotel is not visible from the main street. The exterior of the hotel is also not the typical Comfort Inn style. The room was very clean, comfortable and what you would expect from a Choice Hotel property. Because I was a Choice Privileges member we were offered a choice from a basket of candy which was a bit unusual but a pleasant surprise when we checked in. The staff treated us well and the breakfast the following morning was better than most with a good selection. If you have the opportunity to visit Lewiston the Comfort Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stopped over here for a night before a drive to Portland the next day. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The was also a pool and jacuzzi, however I did not use either of them so I can't review them. The breakfast in the morning was good, bacon, eggs, waffles along with some cereal (Nice to see Rice Krispies), and the usual OJ and Apple Juice. The hotel is pretty close to everything in town, plenty of food choices to be had. Overall a nice clean place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank USFBowler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Red Lion Hotel Lewiston
#9 of 13 in Lewiston
Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!