Red Lion Hotel Lewiston
$44
El Rancho Motel(Lewiston)
$89
Hotels.com
All reviewsbrew pubroom was cleanchristmas lightsthe wait staffbreakfast buffetin townshuttle servicewireless internetstayed two nightssalmonoutdoor poolgreat customer serviceconventiondogsriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Lewiston Red Lion. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and worked well together. My 4th floor room had a nice view of the city, which isn't the view most would brag about. The beds were softer than I expected, and both feather and regular pillows were very nice for both sleeping, and sitting up in bed. The temperature in the room was fine, even without using the heater in the room. The Internet was another pleasant surprise--much faster than I expected. The bathroom was large, but the toilet was oddly small. I'm not a small person, so I could be a bit biased, though. The only negative thing about my entire stay was that I had difficultly getting hot water in my shower. The sink got hot quickly, but I never got the tub above lukewarm. It wasn't a large enough problem to contact the front desk, and it certainly didn't ruin my stay at all.

I didn't take advantage of the restaurant or pub, but the whiff I caught walking past made me wish I had. Lewiston is not a large city, but this certainly feels like a good hotel in a larger city. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Redmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a customer service survey on our Lewiston property. Your feedback is valued and your generous comments are appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit through the Lewis-Clark Valley!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

After a very long car ride from Portland my granddaugters and I were first greeted by the amazing lights of Lewiston's Winter Spirit, what a fun sight to see for two little girls that were road weary.
After regaining our composure and finding our way up to the Red Lion, a little tricky if you don't know the area. We were greeted by the friendly front desk staff that was more than happy to give my girls a room with a view of the lights. We were not prepared for the long hike to the pool in the cold but they got to swim so they were happy. After 3 nights sleeping on pretty comfy beds and pillows and the use of free wifi, we checked out. When I got home I realized that I left my makeup bag, I called the front desk, they took my address and it was on my front porch a couple of days later. Thank you Red Lion, it was a pleasure staying with you!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Redmanager, Public Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a customer service survey on our Lewiston property. Your feedback is valued and helps us continue to grow with every stay.

I am so thrilled to hear that you and your grand daughters had such a wonderful experiance with our staff and property! We look forward to accomidating you during your next visit through the area!

- Christine
Human Resources

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Quick check in by a courteous front staff. Delighted with the 4th floor room. It was clean, well lit with comfortable bed/pillows. Excellent internet access. I had lots of work to do, the work desk was well positioned, it was quiet with a great window. Room service was quick, food was good and well priced. Great burger and sweet potatoe fries. I'll try a more traditional dinner next time. I wouldn't hesitate to bring my family to this hotel. The big flat screen TV was wonderful with lots of channels to choose from. refrigerator, microwave, coffe maker.

Room Tip: I asked for a view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Redmanager, Public Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a customer service survey for our Lewiston property. Your feedback is important to us and helps us continue to improve and become the best.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here on business and was booked into the Seahurst? wing. Basically, it's a detached wing across the parking lot from the main hotel. I paid $119 for a $49 (value) room that was so dark I had use the TV as light! Groud floor room with cars parked right at the window so you can't open the shades. The decor was outdated, TV was a 1990's era tube model that Goodwill wouldn't accept. The facility smells of smoke, room service trays were left for hours outside doors. And, no free breakfast? DO NOT STAY IN THIS WING!

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn instead!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tooblackdogs
Redmanager, Public Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete our customer service survey, your feedback is valued.

I apologize that the Red Lion Lewiston did not meet your standards. Our Seaport building, which you stayed in during your recent stay is being closed starting December 1st 2012 to be updated, it will hopefully be reopening January 1st 2013 - we hope that after this it will be up to your standards.

We look forward to your next stay and appreciate your continued business.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The room I was allocated was in a separate annex building where you had to walk across the carpark to get to it. It was a ground floor room with noisy vending machines right outside the door.
I asked for a no smoking room and when I entered it smelled like an ashtray. The desk and chairs were wobbly and loose and could not be trusted. I went back to the front desk and requested another room and was told that if I was not happy they would give me another room to check out. My argument was that the first room was not fit for renting out in the first place.

Room Tip: Check out other places first and only stay here if you attend a convention and the room is free.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cad307
Redmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We would first like to offer you our sincerest apology for the problems you experienced with our Seaport annex building. Since your stay last November, we have taken the building out of commission and are currently having them professionally revamped into non-smoking rooms, making our entire property non-smoking.
We hope that if you are in the area in the future you will visit us again. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our human resources manager, Christine Heath directly at cheath@redlionlewiston.com.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our property.