“Will continue to stay at the Red Lion in Lewiston”

Red Lion Hotel Lewiston
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have a son that attends LC-State in Lewsiton and we are from Snohomish. We have now stayed at the Red Lion 3 times in the last year and will continue whenever we are in Lewiston. The hotel is clean and well taken care of for an older hotel staff was great. Live band outside near the pool and great drinks and good food as resonable prices./..what more can you ask for.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have nice views and seems the higher floor seem a little quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Redmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Although I have already touched base with you via email/market metrix, I just wanted to say again... Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

What a pleasant surprise this hotel was. I travel a tremendous amount for business and pleasure and haven't Been in Lewiston in years though.
I checked in about 9pm on a Saturday night. It was very quiet. I had a negative experience with the first room they assigned to me, but after advising the front desk of the problem, the young gentleman took care of business, giving me a room on the fourth floor of the main building. He also comped me the Sunday morning breakfast buffet (nothing special but it was free) for the error

My room was large, very clean and well up to date with no odors at all and even included a mini fridge and microwave oven, which is a nice touch for a family. My bed was soft and very comfortable. There was a quality LG LCD hd tv as well as a nice work desk. The room was comfortably quiet even though it was just two rooms down from the elevator. The bathroom was large and clean. Two big piles of fluffy pure cotton towels were available as well a a minimum amount of shampoos and conditioners
The front desk told me the bar was going to be pretty loud and party like so I checked it out. Now that was a great surprise! Big and included a beautiful outdoor patio. The service was excellent and my martini was made to near perfection as I asked.
I could not have been more surprised with my overnight stay. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as far away from the bar if checking in on a weekend night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Was with a large group, the three ladies handled very well. As for me, my room wasn't ready so waited. I know check-in is at 3, so onced that passed by I wasn't very happy camper. We waited for 1.4 hrs while others passed us heading for swimming pool. I didn't get a chance to rest before our event.

I requested the newer building so was happy with this. It was on the third floor. The room was clean and roomy. The shower/tub did not drain very well. Went up to my ankles. Plenty of towels and nice bathroom samplers. Had a microwave and small frig. We got the river view, can only see out of one side. The rest of window is gucked up with residue.

Our group package deal did not include breakfast. We were offered that if we pay that evening it was $10 per room or tomorrow morning will be $10 per person. So we decided to go to Rusties just down the way for $6pp. Good breakfast for a small diner.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to complete a customer review!

I apologize that you did not get to enjoy some down time before your meeting, due to your room not being ready. Our new housekeeping manager has significantly improved the times of the housekeepers and their teamwork to help ensure that all rooms are ready to be checked into at the correct check-in time!

However, I am glad that once you did get into your room that you found it up to your standards with a beautiful river review!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have stayed here now three different times and its a nice place. A few comments: get your room in the Coldwater tower if you can. Same price but huge rooms and good beds. The beds in room 119 in the normal hotel are torture devices. The foot of the bed is higher than the rest and the beds sag in. They are the cheap spring mattresses I believe. I brought a foam so not sure how soft they are.

The breakfast buffet was okay but French toast sticks were flavorless and rock hard. Te rest was good. It is $10 for the buffet if not included in your stay. Definitely Not worth it!

Cool restaurant in the hotel.

The pool and hot tub is nice although pool is cold. Be careful when entering either one: the stairs and pool bottom are a blue color and it it is hard to tell where the stairs are. They should be painted white or something.

Good location,decent rooms, overall nice plus pet friendly too!

Room Tip: Recommend asking for the Clearwater tower rooms. Big rooms with nice beds for same price.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jessibarn

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our establishment!

I am pleased you found the Clearwater Tower rooms so relaxing.
I apologize that the complimentary breakfast buffet did not meet your standards. It was a summer trial and our property is back to the ready to order menu.

I appreciate you bringing the stairs in the pool and hot tub to my attention. I think it is a brilliant idea to have them painted for higher visibility and I have passed this idea onto my Maintenance and General manager.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed at the Red Lion in the past and this trip was important as I brought my fiance to see my home town for the first time. The first room we were given did not have any view, the balcony door opened into the area above the lobby hallway. I called the front desk and was immediately moved to a room on the 4th floor with a nice view of the river and the Lewiston Hill. I got a great rate of $87 for the room and stayed 4 nights. I needed to add a night and the hotel staff arranged for me to keep my room even thought they had a full house coming in that day and kept my special rate the same. The room was quiet, I slept better than in most hotels. My only complaint is the bath tub drain was very slow and water would back up in the tub while taking a shower. Had a nice evening on the swimming pool patio and in the bar. Did not eat there but the meals look good. The greatest asset of the hotel was one particular front desk staff person who always addressed my requests and "no" was not in her vocabulary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river and Lewiston Hill
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Winezperce

Thank you for completing a review on our establishment!

I am pleased to read that you had such a wonderful, relaxing evening around the pool patio! I hope during your next visit you will give our delicious food a try! We have an amazing appetizer selection that would go wonderfully with a drink around the pool!

I’m not sure which front desk agent you are speaking of, but am so proud that they could do everything in their power to make your stay that much more special! I will pass this onto the Front Desk manager.

Thank you again for your business and generous comments. We look forward to accommodating you on your next trip home!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Being an older hotel in the area we were a little sceptical about our stay.. but were pleasently surprised! They gave us a quiet room on the 4th floor over looking the river. Seeing the traffic below was sure it was going to be noisey but must have good insulation as it turned out to be very quiet during the night. Nice to have restaraunt and fun little brewery right on the primises. Blues & Brews night (thursday) was lots of fun. All the employees we were in contact with were very helpful and pleasent.Only thing negative was the sheets ..thought they would have had better quality linen. Towels were good.. would stay here again on our way through.

Room Tip: Higher floor in Clearwater Tower are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chewySTG

Thank you for taking time to complete a review on our establishment.

After reading your comments, I can’t help but smile. Thank you for letting me know how wonderful everything was. I am glad you enjoyed the beautiful view of the river and Blues and Brews! We have something fun going on every night in MJBarleyhoppers and I hope during your next visit you will check them out again!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here just one night on our way from Montana to Oregon. I reserved the room through Travelocity's "secret motel" feature and was pleasantly surprised. The rate for the night was $88 + tax and given the room quality and the amenities offered by the motel, it was a good deal.
Lets start with the only real problem...we got there, checked in and went to our room. I opened the door and walked in to find a bed looking like it was slept in and dirty towels on the bathroom floor. Needless to say, we returned to the lobby, explained the state of the room and with much embarrasment, the female employee not only switched our room for us but "upgraded" it to a room with a view of the Snake River, which we did NOT have in the other room.
That being said, the rooms were very spacious and there was a nice flat screen tv, microwave, fridge, blow dryer and iron. The bathroom was very nice and had a great shower. Red Lion DOES need to reverse their thinking on one aspect of their rooms....SOFTER pillows and FIRMER matresses....not the other way around.
This Red Lion had a very nice restaurant called Merriweather's. We did not eat there but the menu for all three daily meals looked adequate, but a bit on the expensive side. They also had a brew pub call MJ Barleyhoppers. We had a couple of drinks that evening and the pub was pretty nice. You can order any of the food that Merriweather's has plus some additional items right in the pub. We had the seared ahi and it was delicious.
I could easily recommend this as a great stay, just a few details keep it from exceptional status in my book.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and there was a 2002 class reunion in the brew pub...we didnt hear a peep...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank oregondigitalhunter

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I too am embarrassed of the first room you were rented, it must have accidently been entered into the ready to rent rooms, but I am pleased that our agents took care of you right away and got you a beautiful river view! I will pass this on to the front desk manager, Heidi.

I am glad that you made it into MJBarelyhoppers for a refreshment! I hope during your next visit you are able to try a meal from our amazing, Meriwether’s American Grill!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
1 mi away
Best Western Rivertree Inn
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
#7 of 13 in Lewiston

Been to Red Lion Hotel Lewiston? Share your experiences!