“Sketchy and gross”

Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
“Sketchy and gross”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a super picky person, thus we chose this location based on price. We checked in on a 90 plus degree day, the man at the check in was very friendly, we enjoyed his customer service. The rooms AC unit didn't work so we let him know. He immediately moved us to a room where it worked. This is when it gets bad...... As we were going out to get our bags,I walked by a room being searched for something stolen in the parking lot earlier as overheard in the loud conversation. Our room had a pile of chewed off fingernails (large pile) next to the bed, anyone makingthe bed or just walking by would have seen it, the room was dirty and smelled bad. We bailed as soon as we woke up the next morning. Good service, but rooms were in poor condition and didn't really feel safe.

• Stayed August 2013
CinthiaR, Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you ran into all these issues during your stay. I assure you that will never happen again. We have brought these issues to our housekeeper attention and we have made change in our housekeeping staff. Hopefully we will see you next time your in the area. We would love to have you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have stayed in numerous budget hotels before, but this one "takes first place for worst place". There is no excuse for the poor and run down condition of this property. A little pride and a few good workers could go a long way.

The fact that the air conditioning has been a continuous problem from at least May of this year in majority of the rooms and hallways is ridiculous. The musty smoke and urine smell throughout the facility is unacceptable.

We never used the pool because of the filthiness of the area with cigarette smokers all around.

The best thing we did was cancel our second night.

Room Tip: Stay in another facility.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lewiston hotels

UK
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a bargain here! Paid $40 for night! Lewiston itself is a bit smelly apparently the paper mill emits fumes! However the hotel itself boasts a nice outdoor pool and hot tub and provides a great breakfast. Room is basic but perfectly fine for an overnight / short stay. Good choice for budget ; would stay again. Air con in room 202 is more hot than cold!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stepmac
Thank you for staying with us. We all know the little smell issue that Lewiston puts off but we are happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay. Hope to see you soon. Have a great day
Northwest
Reviewed July 26, 2013

There was way too much confusion when I booked a reservation for one night through Hotwire.com. Hotwire charged my credit card for the room at about $64. I called to confirm my reservation with Guesthouse Inn, and they said I could upgrade to a king room for about $4 more so I said I would like to upgrade. When I got to the hotel to check in, they had mixed up my reservation with someone else. It took a very long time for them to straighten out the reservations, as I stood at the front desk. The week after I stayed there, I looked at my credit card statement and saw that not only had Hotwire charged me for the room, but Guesthouse Inn had also charged me a second time for the room. So I paid for the room twice. I called the Guesthouse Inn and they were very confused about the whole thing & had to call me back. When they called back, they told me the upgrade to a king room wasn't $4 (as they had originally told me) but instead it was $20. So they only credited back a portion of the incorrect charge, to cover the $20 that I didn't know I was going to have to pay in the first place. If I had known the upgrade to a king room was going to cost $20 and not $4, I would have stayed with a queen room. Overall, terrible experience, and way too expensive. Also the road noise is very bad, but that is to be expected at that location. What I didn't expect was such incompetent service. I will not stay there or recommend anyone else stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank travelinNW
CinthiaR, Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am very sorry about the confusion during your stay with us. I am glad to hear that we refunded you for the extra accidental charges to your card. Please let us know on your next stay with us if there are any noise concerns of yours and we will do whatever we can to make your stay more enjoyable.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Standard hotel in ok location.
I made a mistake in booking by one day. The nice desk clerk tried to convince the manager to move the reservation, but she refused so I ended up paying for 2 nights. I can understand this policy if booked through a discount site, but this was booked through their own site and there were vacant rooms both days.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Wayne A
Orting, Washington
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in the area attending my daughter's college graduation from WSU which is about 20 miles North. This hotel is located in downtown Lewiston right off the main strip. For those coming from the North, you have to come down a very steep pass. Some of these rooms allow smoking and the lounge also allows smoking. While this was not a deal breaker for my family it was noticeable upon arrival that smoking was allowed in the building. The rooms are good sized and we had 10 people in my room comfortably for visiting purposes. The room as clean and everything worked. The front desk was amazingly helpful and informative. If it weren't for the steep pass, I would stay again in August when my daughter gets married. I also loved that you get a free drink coupon for each adult staying in the room to use in their lounge. There is also a great walking path along the river.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the North side (I believe) have great views of the river.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Crazyortingmom
CinthiaR, General Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you thought our rooms were a good size for your family. That is one of my favorite things about the Hotel. Our staff prides themselves on GREAT customer service day in and day out. I agree with you with how pretty the walking path is on the river. I walk my dog there sometimes and I just love it. It is so peaceful and beautiful and my dog loves it too. Our lounge is going smoke free soon so the smoke smell will be eliminated. Our staff will continue to do everything they can to keep things smelling fresh and enjoyable for your family next time you come and stay with us. Safe travels.
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was in town for an art fair and was recommended the hotel and gee, am I ever glad I went with the recommendation! The bed was comfy and the room had a mini fridge and mini microwave (which was great because I was being frugal and brought food). The wifi worked great and the staff was so nice and helpful! They really went above and beyond. The rates were great too. The furnishings are a bit dated but don't let that fool you, this is a great place to stay. :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so happy to hear that we exceeded you expectations. We pride ourselves on being the best valued in town. Hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Hampton Inn Lewiston
#9 of 13 in Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Fairbridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!