“Great Times!”

Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in the area attending my daughter's college graduation from WSU which is about 20 miles North. This hotel is located in downtown Lewiston right off the main strip. For those coming from the North, you have to come down a very steep pass. Some of these rooms allow smoking and the lounge also allows smoking. While this was not a deal breaker for my family it was noticeable upon arrival that smoking was allowed in the building. The rooms are good sized and we had 10 people in my room comfortably for visiting purposes. The room as clean and everything worked. The front desk was amazingly helpful and informative. If it weren't for the steep pass, I would stay again in August when my daughter gets married. I also loved that you get a free drink coupon for each adult staying in the room to use in their lounge. There is also a great walking path along the river.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the North side (I believe) have great views of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Crazyortingmom
CinthiaR, General Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you thought our rooms were a good size for your family. That is one of my favorite things about the Hotel. Our staff prides themselves on GREAT customer service day in and day out. I agree with you with how pretty the walking path is on the river. I walk my dog there sometimes and I just love it. It is so peaceful and beautiful and my dog loves it too. Our lounge is going smoke free soon so the smoke smell will be eliminated. Our staff will continue to do everything they can to keep things smelling fresh and enjoyable for your family next time you come and stay with us. Safe travels.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was in town for an art fair and was recommended the hotel and gee, am I ever glad I went with the recommendation! The bed was comfy and the room had a mini fridge and mini microwave (which was great because I was being frugal and brought food). The wifi worked great and the staff was so nice and helpful! They really went above and beyond. The rates were great too. The furnishings are a bit dated but don't let that fool you, this is a great place to stay. :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so happy to hear that we exceeded you expectations. We pride ourselves on being the best valued in town. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were in town for a wedding, unfortunately the same weekend as the Cougars had the Dad's day game against UCLA. As a result every other hotel on Kayak and Priceline were sold out. We paid over $100 each for 2 rooms. When we checked in at 2:30 only one of the two rooms were available. Came back down to the lobby at 4:00 second room still not available, another large party had 4 rooms booked and only 1 was available for them. Finally came back from the wedding at 7:30, the room was finally available. Even though we had booked a 1 bed room so we would have room for a crib, we were given a 2 bed room so there was no room after we set up the crib. All the halls smelled of some strange odor, a mix of cigarette smoke and mold, most probably. The heating fan was so loud that we turned it off so we could sleep. Yet the room is so poorly insulated that 1/2 an hour later it was so cold we had to turn the fan back on and leave it on all night long. Had we paid $40, I would have thought "Well you get what you pay for" but at over $100 a room, these rooms were clearly overpriced. We will not be returning to the Guesthouse Inn & Suites in Lewiston Idaho.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nichols B
CinthiaR, Guest Relations Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Hello and thank you for writing. Im sorry you had a rough visit,. We always try to make sure our guest are happy with their stay. In the past this hotel allowed smoking and that is a smell that is hard to get rid of. We are starting our renovations and that will take car of that smell. the other smell we will not be able to get rid of, it is from the paper mill. That is something all of Lewiston deals with and the older hotel seem to have gotten the worst of it. I will bring up to our GM and owner about your rooms in both the confusion and the rate complaint. I hope you will try us again to see what we have done with the hotel and our guest service.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stumbled upon this hotel quite by accident. I had made reservations at the Econolodge down the street which we had to vacate because the smell in the rooms was so terrible. The very nice desk clerk here graciously put us up and gave us drink tickets for the lounge. The rooms were very clean. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was typical continental and perfect for our needs. All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy V
CinthiaR, Guest Relations Manager at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write. I'm glad we could make your stay In Lewiston better than it started. We try to make sure everyone is happy with their stay and that the price fits your budget. Our breakfast is nice and always filling . Thank you again for the kind words and hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were on the road and stayed here because our first choice was full. Also, we had a coupon. The lobby isn't bad. The brochure makes the rooms look great. We paid an extra $5 for their upgraded "executive suites". We couldn't believe how shabby the room was. Even broken furniture! We put a towel down on the recliner. When we opened the slider it smelled like urine. We found out that trucking companies book these rooms for their employees.
However, it was nice to be able to do a load of laundry. Their pool looked clean and inviting. Our bike was safe. Their breakfast was good; they even had biscuits and gravy.

Room Tip: Ask to see the inside of the room before you decide to stay here. Use a coupon from the green bookle...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
CinthiaR, Director of Sales at Fairbridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our staff and breakfast. They work very hard to keep our guest happy. I apologize for the smells you have endured and Have brought it up to the GM. As far as the oldness, we are getting ready to up date this fall and will be replacing all the furniture and bedding. I hope you will stop back in and see our changes on your next trip through.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Not very clean, not very well appointed, everything seems just so "under done". My first room in this non-smoking hotel smelled like an ashtray, which was blamed on the restaurant below (which is not non-smoking). Second room was ok, except for the styrofoam cup on the patio full of cigarette butts tat housekeeping didn't see. The bed was awful. Overpaid, even with a prepay discount online. Just no

Room Tip: Choose a room in another place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mikey9

Hello, I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I have passed on your comments to our GM so she can take care of them with her staff. We are getting ready for an remodel starting in the fall. New paint, new floors new bedding and so on. We will keep our free breakfast and our guest laundry. I hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This was the worst experience we've ever had in a hotel within the lower 48. The front desk was understaffed, and the parking was completely inadequate. The person at the front desk actually warned us NOT to eat the free continental breakfast, and recommended the restaurant a couple of doors down. Our non-smoking room smelled like a bad combination of cigarette smoke and perfume. It was so dirty that we were afraid to touch the bedding. The streaks on the sliding glass door indicated that it had not been cleaned in months. It wouldn't have mattered, because someone wrote a note and taped it onto the door, warning us NOT to use the balcony. The tiny tube television took us back to the 1970's. There was hair in the bathtub before we ever used it! There was no housekeeping available when we arrived, as they had sent their staff home for the evening. This hotel needs a complete strip down and remodel, or, better yet, a tear down.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room! Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AllexPortland_OR

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write. I hate that you were so very unhappy with your stay. Yes this is an old hotel bad starting in the fall we are remolding. The Smoke smell is very hard to get rid of and we are working hard to clean that smell out. I have passed on your comments to our GM at the hotel and she will be working with her housekeeping to make sure nothing like this happens again. Im not sure about the whole breakfast thing, we have always had great review form our guest and continue to about our breakfast. I hope you will stop in again and see what we do with the hotel and deiced to stay again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Comfort Inn
#1 of 13 in Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Fairbridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!