“not a good stay”

Cedars Inn Lewiston
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our first impression of the Cedars Inn was that the employees spend most of their time standing in front of the door smoking. We think that this is an accurate statement because both in the evening when we arrived there were three ladies out there, and in the morning at breakfast time there were two gentlemen standing there. Now I don't mind if they smoke, but I don't want it to be anywhere near where I have to smell it. Oh, and don't you think there are a few tasks to be done at the Cedars, like clean up the messes and repair the all broken stuff?

We did not have a good night. The heater ran only at one temperature regardless of setting. That setting was extremely hot. And the walls and ceiling are thin. The fellow upstairs arose around 4 am and we would have preferred to sleep in on our vacation, but we had to lie awake because his every step and activity came through his floor to us, loud and clear.

We did not like the bed either. We tended to roll into the center, which as you may know is a characteristic of beds that are shot and need to be replaced.

We liked the waffle makers at breakfast, but didn't like having to smell the cigarette smoke of the trailer trash employees, who left the front door open while they puffed away. I told them that smoke makes me feel ill, but got no response.

These employees don't care, they are just putting in time to get a paycheck. Management is non-existent. I wish we had stayed someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trekkin_1956
There are newer reviews for Cedars Inn Lewiston

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The details about being newly refurbished, first class and a smoke free facility made us take a chance on a good rate. The staff were friendly and fixed what they could which was not a lot. It seemed the place is let down by what appears to be its full time tenants/residents. Many had placed chairs outside their rooms as if it was their deck. I heard another person in the parking lot loudly inform the person they were speaking to on the cell phone that they couldn’t wait for the pool to be open again – it was covered for the winter. For a smoke free facility many of these “guests” were openly smoking and the bedding in our room had signs of cigarette burns.

The free Wi-Fi was anything but high-speed and continually disconnected from the Internet. The amenities when we booked listed comfortable mattresses, luxury bed linens, extra pillows and quality bath products. The beds were uncomfortable, bed linens questionable, there was just one pillow per person and the quality bath products were provided from two dispensers screwed to the wall above the bath marked shower soap and shampoo/conditioner. The sink area had a small bar of soap and a makeup remover but it had no drain plug which made it a challenge to shave. Add to this the rooms were very noisy.

We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DrSteveWA
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Filth and discusting. This place needs to be shut down. It is the worst place I have ever stayed, including a tarp in the woods. The beds are fithy the sheets are stained. Human waste on the bathroom toilet seat. They don't even clean between renters. After breakfast I found the waffle mix is stored in the employee bathroom. Do not stay here under any circumstance, you would be better off staying in your car, less chance of picking up a incurable desease.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank dtbailey57
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for Christmas 2011. We went cheap because we knew we'd be spending our days with family, and just wanted a bed to crash on at night. In retrospect I would have slept better on the couch.

The door to our bathroom would not close properly, and the shower curtain fell down. When we called the front desk about the shower curtain they told us to find one of the housekeepers. So we did, and one came in who couldn't figure out how to fix it. She called in another housekeeper who fixed it, and showed us how to fix it because apparently it falls down all the time.

The music from the bars next door was loud all night. The feel of the area kept me peeking out the window most of the night hoping my car was still there and intact. The area and people did not feel safe at all, which is a rarity in most of the Lewiston/Clarkston area. If I had been staying here alone, I would not have stayed through the 1st night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pdxray
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here Sept 12th while on a multi-day motorcycle trip. We booked our room around 4:00 PM using my iPhone and Expedia.com while getting gas. When we arrived around 7:00 PM, they had our room ready. The front desk staff were polite enough during our check in, but then we didn't really ask for any accommodations.

The room itself wasn't overly generous, but it was in line with expectations and clean. A couple of notes:

- The room didn't have a hair dryer. While that may not be important to some, it matters to my wife while on the motorcycle.

- The hotel is within walking distance of decent food. This is also very nice while on a motorcycle.

- The parking lot was well lit next to the hotel and seemed quite secure.

The only complaint we had, and it really is a nitpick, was the fact that the door wouldn't latch without lifting up on the handle. Well, except the one time I walked outside without my key to get some maps off the motorcycle. I hardly consider that a significant issue.

Over all, I would stay here again. It isn't doesn't do anything special, but doesn't get much wrong either.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Lewiston
Reviewed September 25, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Do not stay here under any circumstances! If it hadn't been 2 am when we finally stopped for the night, we would have never, NEVER stayed in this awful place! There were homeless people peeing outside our door, and a "working girl" was leaving just as we were checking in. The place is filthy and they gave my son a roll a way bed that looked like it had been attacked by a knife. I attached the photo. My husband refused to sleep here and stayed in the car the entire night. I am honestly surprised we didn't get some sort of bedbugs or other nasty thing from our stay. I will NEVER skimp on price again! Its not worth it!!

Room Tip: Stay away!! most of the people staying in the hotel are residents and of the shady variety... you do...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family