“Great dinner”

El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 108 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stopped at El Sombrero for dinner during a business trip. I loved the two different salsas they give with the chips. I ordered the chicken mole, and was not disappointed. It was very good. Service was speedy. There aren't many dining options in Lewiston, and this is a good place for Mexican.

Date of visit: April 2013

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed right next door at the Red Lion while passing through Lewiston. We looked on TripsAdvisor for a place to eat. We saw El Sombrero and decided to give it a try. Partly becasuse of the reviews, and partly because we have a restaurant by the same name in our hometown and it rocks!

We shoild have walked out as soon as we walked in the. The floor was sticky everywhere...like greasy sticky. There were still a few Christmas decorations up here and there. We gave it a shot nonetheless. Best part of the meal were the free warms chips and salsa although the salsa was only ok.

I had the Brurrito/Enchilada combo. Pretty tasteless. No unique flavor, totally lacking originality. It was food from a low buget cafeteria. The wife had mixed chicken and beef fajitas. It should have read mixed onion and pepper fajitas with some overcooked beef and chicken. The meat had an asian flavor to it. Almost like they use soy in it. Totally not mexican. The food was edible but thats about it.

The other crazy thing is that while dinner was going on the help started vacuuming the dinning area. This 6pm. Really? Get a clue people!

I would no recommend and would not go back.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed February 9, 2013

On my first business trip to Lewiston I stopped at El Sombrero for lunch and now I go at least once on every trip. I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants around the country and in my opinion their tortilla soup is the best I have ever had! All of the food is fresh and authentic and the service is great. I will miss going there when my business trips to Lewiston end.

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I ate here for a Saturday lunch and it was excellent! I had the veggie enchiladas, had them hold the cheese and they were still very flavorful. I was surprised at the variety of veggies that were stuffed in the enchiladas including broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, grilled onion, and red and yellow bell peppers. Many times a restaurant will depend on the cheese for flavor with the veggies, but El Sombrero does not! I am not sure that some of the veggies were *traditional* but it did not matter to me. I enjoyed the variety! The rice and ranchero bean sides were delicious as well. The server was very good as well, had no problem with special requests and all dishes came as ordered. The lunch portion size was huge. Come hungry, leave stuffed!

Date of visit: November 2012
1  Thank D0bby
Reviewed October 20, 2012

above average food, very good bar & service. place can be a bit loud. Parking lot not well laid-out.

Date of visit: September 2012