“goood greasy fries”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Scotty's 3rd Base Grill
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Good burgers and fries. THey grind their own burger and I got a big chunk of plastic once so look out. They didn't give me any refund or coupon, king of acted like it was everyday, but I would still go back for the fries.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Full disclosure: I consider Scott a friend.

With that said, however, if you want a change from the usual fast-food burgers, you can't beat Scotty's. He gets his beef locally and seasons it himself, then hand-forms the burgers (I've watched him do it). He also breads his own chicken and fish if that's what you're in the mood for.

But the best part are the fries. When you order something with fries, they take a potato and put it in the spiral slicer, and from there straight into the oil. You simply can't get fresher fries, especially not from the fast-food places that use frozen fries.

1  Thank Mr_David_F
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Our server was very nice. Our food was not so great. With much anticipation we ordered a Gyro each. The bread was dry and breaking and the veggies where huge and messy. Just didn't seem like much care was put into our order.

1  Thank JEANETTE M
Reviewed April 4, 2013

When I want a good burger in Lewiston this is where I go. They only use local beef that's never been frozen. Perfect thickness. Great buns. Always cooked the way I like it.

The staff always makes you feel like an old friend.

I also love their chili and my wife enjoys their gyros.

1  Thank porthound
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a great little local "burger" joint. We eat here about once a month now. They have done a lot to improve over the last year or so and it shows. Quick service and huge burgers with a large side of homemade curly fries. The burger patties are obviously home made, and the burger comes with lettuce/tomato/ onion/pickle on the side so you can decide what and how much goes on your burger. The fries are awesome!! My wife always gets the gyro, which she just raves about. The owner does the cooking and always comes out when he can to say hi and thank everyone for coming in.

1  Thank Robert H