“Dreadful meal.”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Waitstaff were fine but took 40 minutes to get food. We were given a basket of odd toast while we waited. My piece had a long hair in it. Had the apple salad which consisted of limp greens, candied walnuts that weren't and an unpleasant dressing. Paid extra for shrimp, a mistake as they were tasteless and white. I've had good meals there before but each of the four of us had bad food tonight.

1  Thank Avid_Traveler73

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was last in Lewiston in 1997. I remembered a great meal at Meriwethers was here the then so decided to eat here again on this trip. I had the lamb and friend had the mussels. Both were flavorful and cooked to perfection. The beers from the adjoining brewery were unique microbrews.

1  Thank gatorpt66
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a steak, girlfriend ordered a salad. It took almost 30 minutes and they were not busy.

Waitress was polite and she was working alone, she had two tables occupied outside. There were also three occupied tables inside.

They must have messed the order up for it to take so long. When it arrived the steak was cooked to the correct temperature but it was a little over seasoned. The sweet potato fries were very good, and my girlfriend liked her salad.

Aside from the time it took to get the food we were satisfied.

1  Thank unsung
Reviewed May 16, 2013

In the "Meriwether Café" the person who stood out, and earned our appreciation is the waitress named "Amanda Mulally". Ask for her by name. She's efficient, professional, knows all the options and covers a number of tables with grace and good humor. We had the pleasure of her company on three mornings and the notable gesture that was above and beyond the call of duty was this: When I forgot to bring a tie to wear at the wedding, SHE LOANED ME HERS. No questions asked. I actually got compliments on my choice of tie - and Amanda deserves all the credit. I returned it the next morning - and we reluctantly said farewell as we hit the road to return home.

Bravo Amanda - you were a bright spot in a delightful trip. And you saved the day.

2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We did the wine pairing we had so much fun, learned a lot too. Aaron was our personal server he was great, 1 person in our party has allergies, they catered to them, made sure she didn't get any nuts or sage. The 6 wines we had with each course was good.
The chief out before each course telling us what to expect next. If you will be in town for a day or so this is a must. Reservations needed. cost is 49.99 per person. But it is so worth it.

1  Thank almostx1