“It's on 21st St, not 21st Ave”
Review of Meriwethers

Meriwethers
Ranked #23 of 105 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago
“It's on 21st St, not 21st Ave”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a steak, girlfriend ordered a salad. It took almost 30 minutes and they were not busy.

Waitress was polite and she was working alone, she had two tables occupied outside. There were also three occupied tables inside.

They must have messed the order up for it to take so long. When it arrived the steak was cooked to the correct temperature but it was a little over seasoned. The sweet potato fries were very good, and my girlfriend liked her salad.

Aside from the time it took to get the food we were satisfied.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank unsung

Reno, Nevada
“Exceptional Service & Food”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

In the "Meriwether Café" the person who stood out, and earned our appreciation is the waitress named "Amanda Mulally". Ask for her by name. She's efficient, professional, knows all the options and covers a number of tables with grace and good humor. We had the pleasure of her company on three mornings and the notable gesture that was above and beyond the call of duty was this: When I forgot to bring a tie to wear at the wedding, SHE LOANED ME HERS. No questions asked. I actually got compliments on my choice of tie - and Amanda deserves all the credit. I returned it the next morning - and we reluctantly said farewell as we hit the road to return home.

Bravo Amanda - you were a bright spot in a delightful trip. And you saved the day.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Robert B
missoula
“Wine pairing”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We did the wine pairing we had so much fun, learned a lot too. Aaron was our personal server he was great, 1 person in our party has allergies, they catered to them, made sure she didn't get any nuts or sage. The 6 wines we had with each course was good.
The chief out before each course telling us what to expect next. If you will be in town for a day or so this is a must. Reservations needed. cost is 49.99 per person. But it is so worth it.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank almostx1
Missoula, Montana, United States
“Did the Wine Paring Dinner”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We were here to visit my sister who lives over the river in Clarkston, WA and she suggested we come. It was AMAZING! It was a 5 course dinner paired with 5 different wines. The chef was amazingly kind and sensitive to my allergies of nuts and sage. The food was wonderful and the wine was amazing! Our server was one of the best I've had in awhile! You do need to call ahead but we got a sort of private room/section so it made us feel VIP. It's about $50 a person but seriously with the wine and divine food, it is worthy every single penny! I would seriously do this again and recommend everyone try this! We had a cheese appetizer, then a spinach and bacon salads followed by a great salmon and mushroom risotto and then a pork shank with roasted garlic mashed potatoes. It was finished the best and lightest cheesecake I've ever had! So so so recommend!

Lewiston, ID
“Nice napkins and tablecloth, comfortable chairs”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

When someone in my extended family graduates from eighth grade or gets a promotion, or it's Mother's Day, etc. this is the place where we celebrate. The brunch buffet is large and diverse and usually very good. The decor is right on the edge of elegant and most of the partons are rather well dressed (which is unusual for Lewiston......OK, I live here so lighten up). About a year ago I had occasion to watch a chef "plating" a meal with the flair of a true professional. Another good sign is that the the servers, and other staff, seem to like their work. It is a little pricey but you can stuff your gut.

• Visited December 2011