“A Lucky Lunch Stop”

The Lunch Box Deli & BBQ
Ranked #3 of 105 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are a small breakfast, lunch & BBQ restaurant serving made from scratch hotcakes, fresh baked goods, homemade soups, salads and 3 BBQ sauces. We started out as a deli, one year later we added BBQ, 3 years later we added breakfast. As we say, other BBQ restaurants have come and gone since 2003 all claiming to have the best BBQ in the Lewiston, Clarkston Valley. Here at the Lunch Box BBQ we like to let our customers be the judge of that. Our motto is we keep our customers happy, they keep us in business. We have been saying that for over 13 years.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

To our luck, we happened to be passing through Lewiston on the way to southern Idaho about the time our stomachs were growling for lunch. And there, by the side of the road, was The Lunch Box.
It's a small place with a very friendly staff and in no time we had our pulled pork sandwiches and home made potato chips served to us.
The food was delicious; the pork being moist and flavorful even without using any of the many BBQ sauces brought to our table for accompaniment. The chips were crispy and yummy--tasting like they had just left the fryer.
The owner, Marie, came to check on whether we were satisfied and on discovering that it was our first time there she gave us--gratis--one of the all-time best brownies I've ever had.
Looking for another excuse to visit The Lunch Box sometime soon.

There are newer reviews for The Lunch Box Deli & BBQ

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

On our way from BC we stopped at the Lunch Box. It's easy off the I-195. The owner and staff are all so happy to see you and can't do enough. I had the special. Pulled pork with slaw in a hogie bun. My husband had the Hog Heaven. An awesome combo of pulled pork and smoked sausage. Don't miss the homemade chips, beans and potato salad. It's all so good you won't go wrong no matter what you order. And first timers get a free desert. YUM!!!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Talk about a friendly staff to greet you when you first get there! The the food was great. Just a little hole in the wall but the type I love. Beef brisket with homemade coleslaw, homemade baked beans and chips, then the best peach cobbler I've ever had!

I will be back!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

From the minute we stepped inside this little restaurant and were warmly greeted by Marie and her staff until we waddled back to our car to continue our road trip, we had an experience, not just lunch. We overheard another customer (obviously a regular) ask Marie if she had any of the vegetable beef soup he had had previously, so we asked her if it was good. Within a minute, she brought over a small bowl of it for us to try. It was fabulous, so we each ordered a cup (which was more like a bowl) to have with our sandwiches. It was probably the best vegetable beef soup ever. The BBQ flavor of the beef plus the fresh tomatoes and vegetables made for a winning combination.

A big basket of hot homemade potato chips arrived at our table. I could have eaten just those and been happy -- and full!

I had the pork BBQ sandwich. My sister had the French dip, in honor of the French fur trappers, she said. All the flavor was in the meat; you put your choice of sauce on if you want to. I used the basic sauce, but my sister loved the peach. They also have a habanero sauce for those who want to kick it up a notch. The cole slaw was very tasty and flavorful.

Since we were "newbies," Marie treated us to a huge strawberry shortcake to share. We got to talking to one of the regulars who had come in for food to take on a camping trip with his kids. He gave us directions on how to get to the route we were looking for without going through town. Great food, great people, great service. It doesn't get any better than this! Go out of your way if you have to -- just try it!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Was in Lewiston, Idaho on business. I always look for BBQ in any place I go. The Lunch Box did not disappoint. I had heard I needed to go here so I did. The burnt ends were absolutely awesome. Flavorful and tender. The pulled pork was pretty good as well just not as good as the burnt ends. I am not really a sauce fan. My philosophy is that if the meat is smoked and seasoned well it will stand on its own and both that I tried did. All 3 sauces offered are house made. I only tried the peach sauce as I like peach anything and it was really good. I had the cole slaw which is also house made and it was some of the best cole slaw I have ever had. It was done differently with a sweet vinegary dressing but was awesome. The sweet tea was great as well. I am from Georgia and this sweet tea was great. I wish I had left room for the fresh peach cobbler that had just come out of the oven but I did not. Hoping for another visit to Lewiston so I can hit this place again.