“Fantastic tacos and tortas!”
Review of Taco Cecey

Taco Cecey
Ranked #9 of 106 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's hard to find anything other than "gringo Mexican" in upstate Idaho, but if you're looking for more authentic fare, this little taco dive totally delivers the goods! I LOVE their "Walla Walla"-style tacos, and my husband will not stop raving about their tortas - he says they are by far among the best he's ever had. The food is mercifully cheap, and they serve beer and aguas frescas! I live 45 mins away and I would have no problem making the journey solely to eat at Taco Cecy.

1  Thank eclaireanderson

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Charming Mexican food in the old Anytime Tavern. Excellent molé. Great selection of food for all palates with a good serving size. The menu is a combination of hand written and photocopied. In the event of menu confusion there are photos of the food posted on the wall.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Cecey recently moved into the old "AnyTime Tavern" on Main Street in Lewiston. They used to have a food truck and that is where I ate. We ate there several times without incident and greatly enjoyed the large portions (enough to save for the next days lunch) and fresh ingredients. My husband and I both got sick after our last experience there but could have been coincidence.

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We always are looking for authentic Mexican food. We were thrilled to find this little restaurant in downtown Lewiston. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. The food was amazing. The enchilada sauce on my cheese enchiladas was fabulous and full of flavor. The green salsa was addicting. It was very HOT, but we couldn't stop eating it. The vegetarian wet burrito my daughter ordered was enormous and completely filled the plate. I wish we could eat there every week.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Tacos Ceci is the only real Mexican Restaurant in Lewiston. Their food is so much better than El Sombrero. We moved to Lewiston from New Mexico and were very disappointed that there were no authentic Mexican restaurants. Then, we found Ceci's taco truck and loved it! Now they have done enough business to get into their own place. Ceci and her husband are the cooks and are very nice. They talk to us all night when we go - it is almost like being on a double date (but this is probably because we speak Spanish fluently, and not many do in Lewiston). No need to speak Spanish, though, as their English is great. Before they only took cash, but I heard from someone that they take credit cards now, so hopefully that is true. It is a strange mix of people there, almost like the Any Time Tavern (that is the building they are in now) group still goes there, but I don't think they even sell alcohol, at least not the last time we went. Anyway, anyone who loves REAL Mexican food needs to visit there. I could eat their "tacos al pastor" everyday!

Been to Taco Cecey? Share your experiences!