“Newly renovated. Very good value.”

Inn America Lewiston
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Very pleasant with newly renovated rooms. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank PeeWang

Reviewed September 9, 2011

The King size bed was very comfortable as well as a very clean room. Having hot coffee and hot water 24 hrs a day, for tea was a plus. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful. This hotel was recommended by a friend and we will pass it on to others.

Stuart & Mary
Vancouver, WA

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stuart p
innamerica, Manager at Inn America Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Thank you for your wonder comments about our property it is very appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.

Leesa Pyle
Inn America
Lewiston, Idaho

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Inn America in Lewiston is a fine lodging choice if you accept that you are booking at a no frills lodging establishment. I spent nine nights there recently and my overall experience was positive. I would return.

The rooms were very acceptable. They had new 32" flat screen TVs, a microwave and a small refrigerator, and windows that opened - a helpful feature in a moderate climate such as Lewiston. The bedding was certainly comfortable and acceptable, if not at the current comforter and fluffy mattress pad standard of upscale chains. I would have appreciated another electrical outlet near the desk, but I was certainly able to manage.

The location is very good. There are numerous restaurants of all price ranges in walking or short driving distance. The hotel is a five minute drive to Lewis-Clark State College. For those who want some exercise, the hotel is in walking / short driving distance to the excellent levee system walkway in Lewiston. The only downside to the location is the inability to make a westbound left hand turn onto Highway 12 / an eastbound right turn off Highway 12 on 21st Street. This is obviously not the hotel's fault, but you may need to do a little driving out of the way to get where you intend to go, particularly if you are unaware of these restrictions early in your stay.

There have been many comments on other reviews about the small breakfast area. I would certainly echo those comments. The way the hotel is built, this is never going to change. However, I was also disappointed in the food selection. I did appreciate the TV in the breakfast area every day except the day it was tuned to a nauseating infomercial on facial complexion cream. Overall, the breakfast arrangement is certainly one of the negatives about the hotel, and if this matters much to you, then this may not be your best choice in the Lewiston area.

Another negative observation I have about the hotel is the housekeeping. It was inconsistent at best. Early in my stay, the housekeeper kept leaving additional soap and shampoo even though I had plenty on hand. Towards the end of my stay, the housekeeper would take away open soap and shampoo and not leave new ones. Go figure. Additionally, one day my room was not serviced at all. I acknowledge I had a do not disturb sign on the door from 9;45 am to 12:30 pm, but I would have still expected servicing. I was unable to request it as I was out until after the housekeepers left for the day.

The other negative observation I have about the hotel is the parking situation. The hotel seems to cater to workers who are driving trucks / large vehicles. As a result, one will see 10-12 parking spaces taken up by three - four trucks, leaving the late arriver with limited if any choices. I really think the hotel needs to do something about oversize parking. They also need to get rid of the 1950's vintage camper / trailer and semi permanent 20' long trash container in the parking lot next to the pool. On the whole, the parking lot is almost an eyesore.

On the whole, however, for the location and the price, if you can accept the no-frills environment and the limited breakfast options / space, then this is a reasonable and conveniently located lodging choice in Lewiston.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the river valley!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank jbtexas
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We live 45 miles from Lewiston, Id. Leaving from the airport at 5 AM means a stay in town. There are several hotels nearby, but our favorite is Inn America. Easy access, quiet and newly remodeled rooms, and best of all reasonable rates!! We reserved a room on their website, they were waiting for us that evening, polite and helpful. Coffee and bagels were ready at 5 AM. I even received a thank you email the next week. This hotel has great management, and customer service is a priority. What a nice change from the huge chain hotels where making a quick buck beats hospitality and honesty. We'll always stay at the "Inn".

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, remodeled at rear of bldg.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GoGoGirl77
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I was forced to find a hotel when my room at other hotel was not available(they sold it to someone else). I consider myself very fortunate to have found this particuar hotel! It was late at night and the receptionist was very helpful and friendly - most welcoming! The room was clean with beautiful bedding, lcd tv, new carperts etc. The "continental" breakfast was included in the price of the room and was very varied and substantial.
Not to mention location is simply great.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We were returning from a wonderful vacation fly-fishing in Montana and didn't want to make the 8+ hour return trip in one day so we made reservations at Inn America through Hotels.com. Since we were unfamiliar with Lewiston, we used reviews on TripAdvisor.com to select Inn America.

Little did we know that nearly the entire hotel is under renovation. Although we stayed on the 2nd floor, the glue that was applied to set the carpet on the 1st floor was something we had to endure smelling all night long. If that didn't give you a headache, the beds were hard as rocks. All of this for the 'deal' of $75.73. We gladly checked out the next day however "un" rested. Glad to be home in safe and hygienic conditions.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FFFDuo
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We have been staying at Inn America for quite some time. We were pleasantly surprised to see flat screen TVs in our room. In fact this place is almost new again. Keep up good work folks.

See you next time.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Hampton Inn Lewiston
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
#7 of 13 in Lewiston
Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn

Been to Inn America Lewiston? Share your experiences!