“Not up to par”

The China Inn
Ranked #52 of 105 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Took visiting family for dinner. Husband n I eat here often. Felt very bad for family as all dishes were below normal standards. Dry noodles. Rice was dry n hard. chicken was very greasy. VERY STINGY WITH SAUCES. we had almond chicken fried rice strawberry chicken house chow mein sweet sour ribs sweet sour prawns white rice pork chow mein egg foo young and much more... grilled cheese for 10yr old. I was so embarressed after telling my family how good the food was here. W ate on a Tuesday evening

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband believes dinner here made him sick but I am not sure. I did, however, miss the taste of freshness in the vegetables. Also, the pork rice was greasy and I wondered if the cook changes the cooking oil frequently enough. The lemon chicken had a pasty white look, rather than a clear yellow sauce that I am used to seeing. Overall, maybe it is unfair to judge it by the standards of San Francisco Bay area Chinese, which leaves one feeling happy and satisfied, rather than questioning what goes on in the kitchen, here.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is sort of an Americanized Cantonese style which I rather like except there wasn't much similarity to the meals I had in Hong Kong about 1997. But that's ok because my wife and I both like the shrimp, chicken, and pork dishes with the sauces they slather over most everything. I tried,a few times, to order ala carte Mandarin dishes like crispy chicken, duck, but no joy there. Best to order off of the dinner combo menu. The place is usually busy and they do a thunderous takeout business.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I ordered different items so that we could try a little of everything....it was ALL good! Will definitely go back!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The menu has at least a dozen variations all on the same theme and all seemingly involving almond chicken. We tried all of the Chinese places in the area. One was worse than this. Thai Garden in Clarkston (which has half of its menu Chinese) was hands down the best.

1  Thank LewisRuff