“Customer Service makes it a 5”

Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Calgary
“Customer Service makes it a 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed three nights in the middle of August and the service we received was top-notch. From Andrea checking us in, providing us with a much-appreciated bottle of cold water and accommodating our adjoining room request, to the ladies in the kitchen making sure we had all we wanted to eat - all the staff were friendly and accommodating. The only blip we had was when I discovered I had left something behind after checkout - when I called I was told the items had been discarded. The manager Greg rectified that issue for me just today, and in doing so completed a very enjoyable end-to-end customer experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greg T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewiston, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Linda J,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate all of our guests' feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and even though there was an opportunity missed, I am glad that we were able to handle the situation in an appropriate way for you. We all look forward to serving you again when you return to the Lewiston area.

Greg Teune

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Grangeville, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed in one of the valley view "Suites" complete with whirlpool tub, private balcony and fireplace. The staff was friendly and helpful and we were SO happy that we splurged on a nicer hotel room for our anniversary stay.

The bathroom was nice and big, with the sink on one side and a big, long counter on the opposite side. This was perfect for myself and my husband to get ready for our nights out on the town! We both had space and then some to get ready.

This location has just undergone renovations so the exterior as well as the interior is beautifully decorated. It's a very clean hotel! :)

Would stay here a lot more often if it was just a bit more affordable - but if you're staying for a special occasion you won't be disappointed!

They also have what seems like a nice indoor pool, but we didn't utilize it while we were there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Although the property looks older (maybe not HIE originally) it appears to have been refreshed recently, with newer furniture, earth tones, accent pillows, very attractive overall. Carrie was helpful and friendly at check in, assigned us a 2nd floor room with private patio and a great view, well worth a few more $. Tazo tea in the breakfast room, milk with the evening cookies, nice extra touches. This is a great base from which to explore the Lewiston area, at a better than average HIE.

Room Tip: View rooms on the second floor are well worth the extra cost if you are staying more than one night...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Prospect Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the best place in Lewiston, Idaho. It's very clean and they have an awesome & friendly staff. I have been staying at this Holiday Inn every year for the past 10 years. I fly into Lewiston from Pennsylvania to visit my dad. My dad lives in an assisted living facility in Lewiston not far from the Holiday Inn. My current stay started on July 6th, 2013 for 10 days. The shuttle bus they have picked me up at the Lewiston Airport and took me back there when I left. The Holiday Inn Express was recently upgraded and I can't say enough good things about the place. The room looked like something from one of the Casinos in Atlantic City, granite counter tops in the bathroom, new lighting, new carpeting, newly painted walls, new plasma TV and furniture. What a great job they did on the upgrade! They have an excellent view of the Clearwater river & the Lewiston/Clarkston hills from the balcony. Yes, there is a pulp mill on the Clearwater river, but since recent upgrades you can't smell anything. That is no longer an issue. They have a wonderful free setup for breakfast with an outdoor deck where you can sit and enjoy your meal, or sit inside if you prefer. You can take advantage of the gym, hot tub or indoor pool. In the evenings about 7:00pm they set out fresh baked cookies. They have a small computer room with 2 PC's and free Internet access to communicate with work or home. It's also close to SafeWay Supermarket (across the street) and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The Red Lobster, Applebees & Shari's are some. There is a fairly new movie theater called the Village Center which is within walking distance. I always have a wonderful experience when I stay at the Holiday Inn Express. However, I was really impressed on this last trip and would like to thank the management and the staff for helping to make my trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hardwick, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel was very clean, and the bathroom and room are spacious. There is a bad odor in Lewiston, so we did not eat breakfast out on the deck. We checked-in here to be close to the jet-boat rides in Hell's Canyon, but unfortunately, we were there on the days that are designated for non-motor crafts, only. We were disappointed, but spent the day traveling on the Nez Perce scenic byway.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the third floor-the hotel is built on the side of a hill, and we had the 2nd floor wi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bookladyHardwick
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

They refused to honor our Expedia reservations -- said they had no rooms at that rate -- and thus double-billed us for two rooms, two nights. (Expedia had already paid them, and eventually they had to refund the money to Expedia, which has not yet gotten the money back to us.) The hotel locked three of the people in our group out of their rooms mid-stay, with their belongings held hostage in the rooms, until we paid their full rate, rather than the Expedia rate -- with NO WARNING. They'd said one or more parties might have to change rooms after the first night, but the next thing we knew, these people were locked out, without explanation.

Very unpleasant, unapologetic, uncompromising. We could not have had a worse experience coming to town for a family member's funeral. The hotel itself was OK and clean, decent breakfast, pool, a/c worked, etc. But it would take a lot to make up for people being locked out of their rooms and the hotel's refusal to honor the prepaid Expedia fares. I blame this on inadequate management -- a good manager could have assessed the situation and dealt with us reasonably and cooperatively. They were, instead, hostile and (in the words of one guest) treated us like "second-class citizens" for having booked with an entity other than Holiday Inn to make and prepay the reservation.

Except for this glaring breach of hospitality, I would've given them a decent rating. Cannot do so now. They are at the bottom of my list for places to stay -- anywhere.

Room Tip: I don't know how you could prevent them from locking you out of your room if they decided to. P...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J B
Greg T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewiston, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear J B,

I am extremely sorry for the issues that you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please know that the level of service that you experienced during your stay is not what we strive for at our hotel and I am very sorry that we missed our opportunity to make your stay wonderful. We have been working closely with the online booking partner with which you made your reservation to get a full refund to you. I would very much like to address this with you over the phone if you are open to speaking with me about it. If there is ANYTHING else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for me personally.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express - Lewiston and I hope that you will provide us the opportunity to serve you again and make your stay wonderful.

Greg Teune
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

So the Holiday Inn Express in Lewiston, ID, has the unfortunate position of being fairly close to the paper mill on the Clearwater River.

However, I never noticed the smell inside the hotel and the amenities there were great. There's an indoor pool and hot tub, a fine little gym, and incredible vistas of the hills and grades across the Clearwater River.

But best of all, the staff were incredible. They were just friendly and a pleasure to interact with overall. And the free breakfast and cookie time in the evening were pretty great as well.

Oh, and the beds were awesome! I slept like a rock both nights.

Room Tip: I had a room that was not facing the river, not sure if the smell more easily permeates on the other...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank thatgirl_10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewiston, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear thatgirl_10,

Thank you so much for your review about your experience at our hotel. Your kind words about the accommodations and staff are greatly appreciated. Our goal is to provide superior customer service and a unique stay to all of our guests. We hope that if you are ever back here in the area, you will visit with us again. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Hampton Inn Lewiston
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
#7 of 13 in Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lewiston? Share your experiences!