“Nice”

Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

A little pricey, but it was clean and quiet. We had a balcony over looking the valley. Would have been nice to have some chairs to sit on. We did sit out by the breakfast room and that was nice. The breakfast was great. And the fresh lemon water was very nice. Staff was polite. Will stay there again. But need more pillows or bigger ones. Two tiny pillows wasn't enough.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was very good for a Holiday Inn Express. Everything felt very new, everything was very clean. Several things to note: The hotel was pet friendly. We did not have our pet but always like to know the option is available. The grass for the pets looked well taken care of. Breakfast was good with several different choices including the ever-present Holiday Inn Express cinnamon roll. The hotel sits high up a hill with a view of the river. We did not smell the paper factory while we were at the hotel but did from the other side of the river.

I would say that there should be no worries about staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dp226
thurst, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel. I hope we can have you, and your pet, stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stated here on 8/12/2012 for a AAA rate of $129.95. I made the reservation using the Holiday Inn app about 30 minutes before arrival as we were driving from Yellowstone and not sure when we would be tired. The front desk lady greeted me and had my print out and keys ready when I walked in, which I was impressed oveextremely stated and appeared extremely busy for a Sunday evening. The hotel seems to be brand new. Not sure when they built it but the rooms are pristine. The hotel sits at the top of the mountain/ hill overlooking Lewiston in a newer area of town. They have a 24 hour laundry and a 24 hour gym. Beds were comfy and the hotel was quiet so This light sleeper got a very good night's rest! Extremely happy with not only the service but the room itself. Lewiston has a ton of scary looking motels and a couple of bigger name hotels. It is worth the extra $20 over these other places to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012
thurst, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is located on a bluff overlooking the Snake River. We had a moderate sized room with a small but adequate bathroom. Our room had a balcony which afforded a great view if the snake river. The breakfast was good with eggs, sausage, pastry and cereals. The hotel experience was satisfying and had no complaints.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had a pre-paid room for one night at $247 with plans for me and my family to ride the hot air balloon in Lewiston 8/4/12. Two days before, the hot air balloon company rep called me and said the ride was cancelled because of some inspection issue. The manager of the Holiday Inn refused to refund my money because it was pre-paid through the Holiday Inn website. Ironically, if I had not pre-paid or used a third-party website, I could have received a refund. A no-refund policy (not even a partial refund!) with 48 hours notice is bogus. I will never, ever, stay at a Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TroyB321
thurst, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewiston, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our property regarding your recent stay. As you stated, you had prepaid your reservation. When a guest prepays for the room, the funds go to the agency actually taking the reservation and do not come directly to the hotel. When a guest books a prepaid reservation it is made very clear there can be no changes nor refunds for the reservation. For agreeing to these guidelines, the guest receives a discounted rate for booking and prepaying in advance. Since the hotel did not collect the funds, they are unable to issue refunds. A guest can contact the original booking agent and request a refund but it is up to them as to whether or not the request is granted.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I generally like a Holiday Inn Express for travelling. It satisfies my needs, good beds, clean rooms, substantial breakfast. We were a little disappointed here in Lewiston, however. We stayed three nights, but somebody neglected to clean our room the second day, even if I did notice cleaning staff watching TV on my way around the hotel. The beds were a little disappointing but that may be because we had just come from a place with exceptional beds. The staff was pretty friendly; however, whenever we had a question, we had to wait quite awhile at the front desk. They do have a nice indoor pool. I might even stay here again if I was to return to Lewiston; however, it would be with lowered expectations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bradyrama

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am very sorry we did not exceed your expectations during this visit but I am sure we will if you choose to stay with us again. I am not sure why your room was not serviced as that is not a normal experience in our hotel. We are always trying to improve our services and feel that guest input is a very important part of that. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will stay with us on a future visit to Lewiston.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

After a long 8 hour drive it was great to receive a warm welcome from Michelle at the front desk. We were checked into our pet friendly room which was wonderful. The back door opens onto a grassed area and our pups were grateful to be able to run around after the long drive. The room was clean and the beds amazing and comfy. Chatted with Mike in maintenance and he keeps the pool and hot tub in tip top shape. Murl at breakfast runs a tight ship in her space. The breakfast room was busy and not once did I see anything not being replenished and the surfaces were constantly kept clean. Nothing worse than coming down for breakfast to a mess. Only disappointing aspect of stay was on check out. Felt as though I was interrupting front desk agent Ashton with her private conversation with her friend. I recommend this hotel to all traveling through Lewiston.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with pets, make sure you note that on your reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Capet0nian
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you very much for your detailed review of a pleasant stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our amenities and service. Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Hampton Inn Lewiston
#8 of 13 in Lewiston
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
#7 of 13 in Lewiston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lewiston? Share your experiences!