“Very pleasantly surprised!”

Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I was in Lewiston on business for four nights and there weren't that many options available in terms of hotels. The only other hotel I had heard was pretty good was the Red Lion, but I don't have any elite status with that chain. I was not sure what to expect when I arrived but was very very happy with this hotel. The location is up on the hill so that if you are facing the river you have a fantastic view of the valley below. The room I had was called a "hospitality suite" and I think I paid a little more for it than a regular room, but it was well well worth any difference in price. The room was huge with a kitchenette and full sized living room with sofas and a fireplace. There was a dining room/meeting table big enough for a family to eat at. The room also had a private balcony outside with an awesome view. The only thing a little strange about the room was that it had a king sized murphy bed. It stayed down the whole time and unlike many murphy style beds it was very comfortable. The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and even gave out free snacks on multiple occasions. There is a little shopping area within a couple minutes walk as well as an Applebees which had a great bar staff and cheap drink/food specials. The hotel wasn't brand new but it was far more than I had been expecting. I would absolutely stay here again if I go back to Lewiston.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the Lewis & Clark, otherwise you'll be facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Quiet
Airport shuttle

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express was clean, staff was friendly, pool area very nice, but the rooms were boring in decor, bad pillows, bed harder than I like, and unless you are on the top floor you are going to hear neighbors over head. We did not stay for the breakfast because we had family to visit. Location was good. I would check around for other hotels, but would stay here again in a pinch

Room Tip: If you go choice a top floor room to cut down on noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2011

The motel was very clean with a great breakfast and plenty of parking, it was off season and we had no difficuty getting a room. The staff were great and check in and check out was good. The room was quiet and had 2 queens in it but the first bed was terrible with me being able to feel the springs, I spoke to the staff and they offered to move me the next day but I had also spoken with other guests to see if any had had the same expierence as I had , the answer was not at all so I believed it was just my room . I tried the next bed and it was fine, I stayed in room 122 and as I said the staff was great. The bad bed was the only thing that changed the rating to average otherwise it would have been at least a good.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side have a great view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank TATsam
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is a standard HIE, with some good points, and some bad points. The hotel seems newer and fresher, and the pool/spa area, and workout room is superior to other HIEs. However, there were ants in the room, and I heard other guests complaining about this, so it wasn't just my room. Bugs in the room is a bad sign, because it is so easily preventable. Seriously, you can't have bugs in the hotel. I could hear every single thing in the room next to me, so it seems the walls are paper thin. Additionally, there was no upgrade, as is standard for Platinum members. I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank WanderingApe
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Taking our son to Lewis Clark State College, we booked 1 night at HIE. I thought the rate was a bit high $119.95 given the season, but nothing else in the area looked particularly attractive. The front desk person was very friendly, especially for that time of the evening (around 9pm on a Monday). Our room was on the 2nd floor which is also the main floor. I typically ask for a room on the top floor because I like the quiet, this time I forgot. The room was pretty standard. The first room had ants crawling from the bathroom to the refrigerator so I had to ask for another room. They gave me another room just down the hall. That room, according to the housekeeping person, also had ants in the past but they caulked some areas around the tub to prevent ants from coming in. Well, it wasn't exactly what i wanted to hear but okay, we stayed in that room. HIEs are family hotels and I'm sure they get lots of kids. The beds tend to get worn quite fast in these places. Our beds were pretty soft and not very comfortable. I tend to be pretty picky about beds because I don't sleep well when the beds are too soft. The blankets in these hotels also tend to be quite budget and thin and that was the case here.

I would probably stay here again but would ask for a nicer room with firmer beds on the top floor. Everything else was fine. I did like that they had a fridge and microwave in the room, even though we didn't need it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura T
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel was fine. Good service, clean room, quiet. The only minor issue I had was the bed cover placed at the foot of the bed was not clean on the inside (looked clean from the outside, though!). Otherwise, entirely adequate.

Room Tip: Third floor room was quiet with a nice small balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SelwaySteward
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Hampton Inn Lewiston
Best Western Rivertree Inn
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
#8 of 13 in Lewiston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lewiston? Share your experiences!