“Good hotel , bad bed”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
EPHRATA, WA
“Good hotel , bad bed”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

The motel was very clean with a great breakfast and plenty of parking, it was off season and we had no difficuty getting a room. The staff were great and check in and check out was good. The room was quiet and had 2 queens in it but the first bed was terrible with me being able to feel the springs, I spoke to the staff and they offered to move me the next day but I had also spoken with other guests to see if any had had the same expierence as I had , the answer was not at all so I believed it was just my room . I tried the next bed and it was fine, I stayed in room 122 and as I said the staff was great. The bad bed was the only thing that changed the rating to average otherwise it would have been at least a good.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side have a great view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank TATsam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This is a standard HIE, with some good points, and some bad points. The hotel seems newer and fresher, and the pool/spa area, and workout room is superior to other HIEs. However, there were ants in the room, and I heard other guests complaining about this, so it wasn't just my room. Bugs in the room is a bad sign, because it is so easily preventable. Seriously, you can't have bugs in the hotel. I could hear every single thing in the room next to me, so it seems the walls are paper thin. Additionally, there was no upgrade, as is standard for Platinum members. I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank WanderingApe
Seattle
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Taking our son to Lewis Clark State College, we booked 1 night at HIE. I thought the rate was a bit high $119.95 given the season, but nothing else in the area looked particularly attractive. The front desk person was very friendly, especially for that time of the evening (around 9pm on a Monday). Our room was on the 2nd floor which is also the main floor. I typically ask for a room on the top floor because I like the quiet, this time I forgot. The room was pretty standard. The first room had ants crawling from the bathroom to the refrigerator so I had to ask for another room. They gave me another room just down the hall. That room, according to the housekeeping person, also had ants in the past but they caulked some areas around the tub to prevent ants from coming in. Well, it wasn't exactly what i wanted to hear but okay, we stayed in that room. HIEs are family hotels and I'm sure they get lots of kids. The beds tend to get worn quite fast in these places. Our beds were pretty soft and not very comfortable. I tend to be pretty picky about beds because I don't sleep well when the beds are too soft. The blankets in these hotels also tend to be quite budget and thin and that was the case here.

I would probably stay here again but would ask for a nicer room with firmer beds on the top floor. Everything else was fine. I did like that they had a fridge and microwave in the room, even though we didn't need it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura T
Mill City, Oregon
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel was fine. Good service, clean room, quiet. The only minor issue I had was the bed cover placed at the foot of the bed was not clean on the inside (looked clean from the outside, though!). Otherwise, entirely adequate.

Room Tip: Third floor room was quiet with a nice small balcony.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank SelwaySteward
Melbourne
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was our first Holiday Inn Express experience and we were pleasantly surprised. The hill-top location had a great view of the valley and surrounding hills, hotel staff were friendly and professional and they worked hard at keeping the hotel clean and well maintained.

We booked via the hotel’s website and were confused by differences in room type names on the photos and the room descriptions page. From the photos we decided we wanted a King Deluxe Room which showed a kitchenette, fridge, microwave and rectangular dining table big enough for the two of us to work comfortably. The booking process confirmed a King Suite, so I called from Australia to check the facilities and was assured the room we'd booked had everything described in the Deluxe room.

But it didn’t. The dining table was a tiny round table and the kitchenette area was squashed into an alcove. The room was very different from the photo on the web site. Wendy on reception was very helpful when I asked if there was another room available with more work space. She arranged for us to move the next day into a room that looked exactly like the photograph, which they called a Hospitality Suite. This was a great room – but the King bed had no headboard or side tables because it could be folded away. And the kitchenette area had no stove or cooktop, and no crockery and cooking utensils – all of which were available in the first room.

Everything else about the hotel was as described on the web site. The Internet access, guest laundry and fitness center were all good. Our favourite restaurant was Zany Graze, with good food in a casual and zany atmosphere with memorabilia and amazing things all around the place. It’s within walking distance if you don’t mind coming back up the hill. So if you are coming to Lewiston, this is a good place to stay but check the room type and facilities to make sure you’re getting what you wanted.

Room Tip: Check different web sites to see photos, names and descriptions of rooms. Make sure you specify faci...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MelbourneWriter
Santee, California
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My Co Pilot and I stayed here for 3 nights due to a mechanical issue with our Jet, we had a very pleasant experience..All the staff were very polite and accomidating. I felt very comfortable here and will go again in the future..The rooms were good, the facility was clean and for the price it was nice..Not a 5 star hotel but above what I expected for a small town hotel..Thanks all for the great experience..

Room Tip: Downstairs you have the front grass and yard with a good view but people are walking by your window...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mpbunch
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our final hotel on our round trip to a wedding in Montana.
Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Lewiston in September 2011 for one night-
Booking - Booked through the Priority Club website.
Location - I may have missed it, but it didn't seem to be signposted from Hwy 12. It's located on 21st street up the hill fro the Red Lion Inn. Noted quite a few dining options on the way.
Check-in - quick and friendly. As a Priority Club member, received complimentary water and peanuts.
Room - We had two queen beds.The room was very clean, appeared in good order and the beds were comfortable. Nice to have fridge, too! The view was out towards the parking lot; should have asked for the other side of the hotel! Noted that the fixtures were older including the bathroom - but not shabby. Very quiet hotel! Breakfast - also included in the price. Some nice choices including a decent amount of bacon, links and scrambled egg - all fresh. The dining room looks out over a nice view.
Pool - looked clean and not crowded.
Check-out - very quick and efficient. No problems with the bill.
The area - not alot of areas to walk to.We heard the buffet next door was good. We close Applebees around the corner - not the best choice and would not recommend.Very close to a Safeway (and Safeway gas station) great to pick up a picnic lunch for the next day.
This was a typical Holiday Inn - heard it might be renovated?? - I would recommend it and stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking '(I think it's called) Lewiston Hill
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Hampton Inn Lewiston
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
#7 of 13 in Lewiston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lewiston? Share your experiences!