“Nice Hospitality and Probably the Best in Lewiston”

Holiday Inn Express Lewiston
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lewiston
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Taking our son to Lewis Clark State College, we booked 1 night at HIE. I thought the rate was a bit high $119.95 given the season, but nothing else in the area looked particularly attractive. The front desk person was very friendly, especially for that time of the evening (around 9pm on a Monday). Our room was on the 2nd floor which is also the main floor. I typically ask for a room on the top floor because I like the quiet, this time I forgot. The room was pretty standard. The first room had ants crawling from the bathroom to the refrigerator so I had to ask for another room. They gave me another room just down the hall. That room, according to the housekeeping person, also had ants in the past but they caulked some areas around the tub to prevent ants from coming in. Well, it wasn't exactly what i wanted to hear but okay, we stayed in that room. HIEs are family hotels and I'm sure they get lots of kids. The beds tend to get worn quite fast in these places. Our beds were pretty soft and not very comfortable. I tend to be pretty picky about beds because I don't sleep well when the beds are too soft. The blankets in these hotels also tend to be quite budget and thin and that was the case here.

I would probably stay here again but would ask for a nicer room with firmer beds on the top floor. Everything else was fine. I did like that they had a fridge and microwave in the room, even though we didn't need it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura T

Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel was fine. Good service, clean room, quiet. The only minor issue I had was the bed cover placed at the foot of the bed was not clean on the inside (looked clean from the outside, though!). Otherwise, entirely adequate.

Room Tip: Third floor room was quiet with a nice small balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SelwaySteward
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was our first Holiday Inn Express experience and we were pleasantly surprised. The hill-top location had a great view of the valley and surrounding hills, hotel staff were friendly and professional and they worked hard at keeping the hotel clean and well maintained.

We booked via the hotel’s website and were confused by differences in room type names on the photos and the room descriptions page. From the photos we decided we wanted a King Deluxe Room which showed a kitchenette, fridge, microwave and rectangular dining table big enough for the two of us to work comfortably. The booking process confirmed a King Suite, so I called from Australia to check the facilities and was assured the room we'd booked had everything described in the Deluxe room.

But it didn’t. The dining table was a tiny round table and the kitchenette area was squashed into an alcove. The room was very different from the photo on the web site. Wendy on reception was very helpful when I asked if there was another room available with more work space. She arranged for us to move the next day into a room that looked exactly like the photograph, which they called a Hospitality Suite. This was a great room – but the King bed had no headboard or side tables because it could be folded away. And the kitchenette area had no stove or cooktop, and no crockery and cooking utensils – all of which were available in the first room.

Everything else about the hotel was as described on the web site. The Internet access, guest laundry and fitness center were all good. Our favourite restaurant was Zany Graze, with good food in a casual and zany atmosphere with memorabilia and amazing things all around the place. It’s within walking distance if you don’t mind coming back up the hill. So if you are coming to Lewiston, this is a good place to stay but check the room type and facilities to make sure you’re getting what you wanted.

Room Tip: Check different web sites to see photos, names and descriptions of rooms. Make sure you specify faci...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MelbourneWriter
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My Co Pilot and I stayed here for 3 nights due to a mechanical issue with our Jet, we had a very pleasant experience..All the staff were very polite and accomidating. I felt very comfortable here and will go again in the future..The rooms were good, the facility was clean and for the price it was nice..Not a 5 star hotel but above what I expected for a small town hotel..Thanks all for the great experience..

Room Tip: Downstairs you have the front grass and yard with a good view but people are walking by your window...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mpbunch
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our final hotel on our round trip to a wedding in Montana.
Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Lewiston in September 2011 for one night-
Booking - Booked through the Priority Club website.
Location - I may have missed it, but it didn't seem to be signposted from Hwy 12. It's located on 21st street up the hill fro the Red Lion Inn. Noted quite a few dining options on the way.
Check-in - quick and friendly. As a Priority Club member, received complimentary water and peanuts.
Room - We had two queen beds.The room was very clean, appeared in good order and the beds were comfortable. Nice to have fridge, too! The view was out towards the parking lot; should have asked for the other side of the hotel! Noted that the fixtures were older including the bathroom - but not shabby. Very quiet hotel! Breakfast - also included in the price. Some nice choices including a decent amount of bacon, links and scrambled egg - all fresh. The dining room looks out over a nice view.
Pool - looked clean and not crowded.
Check-out - very quick and efficient. No problems with the bill.
The area - not alot of areas to walk to.We heard the buffet next door was good. We close Applebees around the corner - not the best choice and would not recommend.Very close to a Safeway (and Safeway gas station) great to pick up a picnic lunch for the next day.
This was a typical Holiday Inn - heard it might be renovated?? - I would recommend it and stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking '(I think it's called) Lewiston Hill
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Had the chance for an overnight without the kids, so I asked for a nice room. Instead of the honeymoon suite (with a jetted tub) I was directed to the jacuzzi suite that has a little balcony on the river side and a hot tub. The room was not very big, but it was nice, at the end of the hallway away from whatever noise there could be near the elevator. At check-in we were invited to join the rewards program which required nothing, and received some peanuts and water and told to get a free paper in the morning, plus we could easily get a late checkout. I have no experience with any other hotels in Lewiston or Clarkston, but I would return here. I think our kids would like it. The breakfast looked good, though we didn't eat there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

... kind of a middlin' Holiday Inn Express. Agreed that the reception here was warm, friendly and fast both at check in and when we needed help with luggage the next morning. The room in comparison to other HIE's was a bit on the smaller side (especially the bathroom), but the beds were comfy and the shower was great. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and well-cooled. The TV was not a flat screen, no biggie except most hotels in this price range have them now. We also paid extra for a view but found the balcony devoid of chairs to enjoy it by. We didn't stay for breakfast, but HIE's predictably offer up a good spread. I agree this is the best hotel in Lewiston/Clarkston area having stayed at several others. Look forward to seeing what they do with a remodel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Substrata23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewiston
Hampton Inn Lewiston
#8 of 13 in Lewiston
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
Fairbridge Inn & Suites
#7 of 13 in Lewiston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lewiston? Share your experiences!