“Effie's Burger is a must when you visit the LC Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Effie's Tavern

Effie's Tavern
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Effie's is a Lewiston icon for burgers and has been there for decades. Has to be on the list.
Lewiston, Idaho
“Effie's Burger is a must when you visit the LC Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Effie's is a must to get a huge burger and it's good too. The building looks tacky but only adds to the fun of Lewiston, Idaho. 1 burger is great to split but big guys get one for themselves. Small place and can be crowded. Have fun

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank retiredinidaho

“More than a mouthful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a must when in Lewiston... "hole-in-the-wall" grill serving a 1 lb burger with all the trimmings... the damn thing was good too... you have to experience it

Visited May 2014
Citrus Heights, California
“Great burger!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Effie Burger was a full 1-lb, shared between my wife & I. Very tasty. The tavern is casual & comfortable. Service was a tad slow but understandable as the place was crowded.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Jim2430
Durham, NC
“Wow that is a big burger...and it was tastey!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We cautiously took advice from a travel book and stopped in at Effie's last weekend. We are so glad we did! We are also very glad we shared the burger because a one pound burger with bun is HUGE. Oh and when they say a single serving of french fries this is not a small portion. It was enough for the both of us.

Our waitress was great! She was very helpful and kept checking to see if we needed anything else. I have to say that we had not expectations of good service and we were surprised at what we received.

If you are in the area I would check it out.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank DanielleDurham_NC
La Grande, Oregon
“Biggest Burgers I ever saw!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were in Lewiston August 7th & 8th visiting our kids. We had eaten out the night before, so I suggested we have hamburgers or sandwiches. Our daughter said she could place an order at Effie's a little before she got off work and pick up the food on the way home. This is what we did. Biggest burgers I ever saw! Two of these would feed and family of four with more than enough. I don't know just what all was on these burgers, but they were super good! I can't say what the restaurant was like, because I didn't see it, but from other reviews it sounds like my kind of place. I can say the hamburgers were very, very good. Next time we visit Lewiston, I'm going to suggest we either eat there or get take home again.

• Visited August 2013