“Biggest Burgers I ever saw!”
Review of Effie's Tavern

Effie's Tavern
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: American
Description: Effie's is a Lewiston icon for burgers and has been there for decades. Has to be on the list.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were in Lewiston August 7th & 8th visiting our kids. We had eaten out the night before, so I suggested we have hamburgers or sandwiches. Our daughter said she could place an order at Effie's a little before she got off work and pick up the food on the way home. This is what we did. Biggest burgers I ever saw! Two of these would feed and family of four with more than enough. I don't know just what all was on these burgers, but they were super good! I can't say what the restaurant was like, because I didn't see it, but from other reviews it sounds like my kind of place. I can say the hamburgers were very, very good. Next time we visit Lewiston, I'm going to suggest we either eat there or get take home again.

1  Thank Arby-205

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff may be undergoing changes, but this is the still the best burger north of Big Judds. Monster burger - I'm glad they serve a half burger, but even that is too big to add teh mongo fries!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My apologies to Mickey and Connie. What you built and nurtured into the BEST burger in the world has deteriorated into a fried, sad little excuse for what it was. That juicy, succulent, burger smothered in veggies, cheeses, and sauce is now a shriveled piece of meat hidden under the huge bun. I doubt anyone will ever cook it as good as Mickey did but you have got to do something before you lose more customers. I came there for over 25 years and brought dozens of friends. However the past three trips have been embarrassing. If you can't get your cook to do it like it should be done, get another one. I know I wont be back until you do and neither will many others I have talked to. People will travel a long ways to get the old Effieburger but right now I wouldn't walk across the street.

1  Thank Itswoots
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Got 67 dollars worth of take out burgers for visiting family. Waitress took order correct but cook messed them up. Put onions on when ordered no onions due to family allergies. When I called he was rude and did not care. Since Connie is hardly there anymore it has went downhill. His (cooks) lack of concern has lost them another loyal customer. Thank you very much. Take out was a Tuesday and my granddaughter and I were the only ones in there so no excuses please.....

1  Thank northnow
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Giant burger is what best describes this place. It was enought for 3 meals, and tasted fantastic, the place in it self is a bit shabby, but the food was good, and the service was as well