“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stopped in Lewiston for a night and decided the #1 ranked restaurant deserved a try and I was not disappointed. The place was deserted, but I sat down and asked what was good. The lamb curry, rice and naan was to die for! Really, really good. The hospitality impeccable. I certainly hope the slow night of business was an aberration because this place deserves success and I will definitely be patronizing it again whenever I find myself in Lewiston.

1  Thank 836chris
matman00us, Manager at Emperor of India, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank You for review. We are extremely glad to know that you had a favorable experience. We appreciate your Patronage

We hope your Trip to McCall was pleasant the next day. We are quite sure that your Nephews liked your Christmas Gift? We thought you had an awesome idea for outdoor fun for them. Definitely something we would all appreciate as Kids. It is so easy to see why you would be the favorite Uncle of the “gang”. It was really enlightening to learn of your eclectic and refined tastes in Seafood and game meats. This, must go hand in hand with being an Alaskan. We happen to believe that Alaskans are very special as they are conscientious and sensitive to their natural surroundings. It was especially interesting to learn the fine details of your wonderful trip. We thought it was adventurous and unique.
Thank you for the can of Smoked Salmon. It was enjoyed by us all. Look forward to your next visit.

Wishing you the best of goodbyes and a happy and prosperous New Year.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I love eating at Emperor of India conveniently located on Main Street in Lewiston, Idaho. We have enjoyed the delightful ambience for many years and the mouthwatering aroma of Northern India! The food always brings a gentle touch to life's special occasions as well as the genteel hospitality and kindness of Praveen the owner-chef.
The restaurant is great for date night or bringing the whole family. Last Christmas, we enjoyed a special banquet that was specially prepared for our family that includes vegetarians and vegans. The meat eaters were heartily satisfied with the organic healthy dishes and the spices are added to your taste preference. I heartily endorse the cooking skills of the chef and give my
5- star rating. I am a newcomer to trip advisor and hope you will visit and say, that.. You read
about this great experience on tripadvisor!

Thank You for your review - Gail and Ken. You are a special blessing to this restaurant. Your trip here is always a special delight for us.

Over the years, we have enjoyed your patronage immensely. You are very refined in your Beer tastes and full flavor meats like lamb. Yet, you entertain the subtlety of a Paneer cheese curry washed down with traditional Chai Tea. This "blending" exhibits not your highly refined and developed taste buds, but also a unique discerning of flavors and tastes that engages our whole spice spectrum. Your children complement your own diverse and cultured personalities. You have delved and perfected yourself in the art of international cuisine. We are most impressed with your travels overseas and are inspired by your philanthropy. We marvel at your spirit and how it guides you. It affects us all very positively. You are both maestro's in your own way in imbibing good into society. Your Good karma rubs us all in very discrete ways. Your cross cultural awareness is a virtue we can all learn.

Thank You for being our not only our patrons, but more importantly our good friends. You are always appreciated.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am a frequent Business traveler to this area. I can eat at a "Chain Restaurant" in any city, but very few have an exceptional Indian Restaurant where you can be "transported to India" with culinary delights! I also like to support the local economies, and small business owners as much as I can.

There has not been a visit in the last year where I have not stopped by for dinner, and often lunch the following day before I leave town! I have to get my Indian Food Fix! Praveen is a wonderful cook and overly gracious host, seeing to your every need.

This trip I tried the Tandoori Chicken, which came on a "Sizzling" plate of Onions. The Chicken was so tender and juicy, I don't know how he does that with such a large piece of breast meat! The sauce was wonderful too. He also brought out a delicious salad before hand. His presentation was exceptional! See the pictures and you will have a "taste" of what I had.

The following day I stopped by on my way out of town for lunch, and had my personal all-time favorite...Kadai Saag. I even had Praveen make an order to go so I could take it home to my daughters. They squeeled when they saw me walk in the door carrying the to-go bag of Saag (yes, I know, happier to see the Saag than me, grin).

You will not go wrong if you try this restaurant!

āp kā khānā svādiṣṭa ho (Bon Appetit!)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Emperor of India is always such a treat - the decor, the music, and of course the food! I and my husband try to make it there for dinner several times a month. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are hearty. The service is always very thoughtful and attentive. The menu is a bit tricky to navigate - if you are willing to be flexible in your choices, Praveen will make a fabulous meal for you - and you will feel as though he made it especially JUST for you. I am looking forward to our next visit - perhaps this weekend!

matman00us, Manager at Emperor of India, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. We welcome your feedback your dining experience and opinion of our product and services is of utmost value, importance and consideration for us.

We are grateful to you. You carefully listen and consider our recommendations during your visit. While it is our goal to satisfy the taste buds of every patron, it is sometimes challenging to quickly analyze, evaluate and recommend a dish. You have sophisticated and discerning taste, that makes it all the more satisfying to us when you critique and enjoy your meal. Your Good experience, undoubtedly translates to our great experience. That is our payback. The menu as you correctly point out has many choices. Many dishes complex creation, prepared with a combination of numerous spices and ingredients. We appreciate with your understanding and unique perspective on our dishes. Some spices can be rare and we may not quickly be able to explain all the health benefits and tastes associated to them. We always attempt to present our spices and dishes elaborately and accurately to our patrons. Our goal is to create dishes specifically to an individual’s liking.

It is such a delight to have you. The pleasure is all ours during your visit. Your patronage and satisfaction is our goal and only business.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

More than a year ago we went to Emperor of India and absolutely loved it! The owner/chef treated us like we were family. We have since tried several other places and last night decided to return there on a date. The experience was just as good as before, perhaps better. He is so kind and even brought us complimentary dishes to sample his latest recipes. Everything was delicious! The combination of flavor and spice was perfect and the portions were large for a very reasonable price. I usually clear my own plate and half of my wife's meal, but we both ended up taking food home (which we ate for lunch today with much delight!). I don't know why it took us so long to go back. We certainly will not wait another year before visiting Emperor of India again!

matman00us, Manager at Emperor of India, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thanks for your encouraging words Bob! We value your words they are extremely helpfull to us, in our continued efforts to maintain our high level of quality and service.

I really apprecaite seeing you, your wife and the parents after a rather long Gap. II really Laud you for your excellent memory, you remembered my name as soon as you walked in. I thought that was impressive. I have always felt a bond, with your family when you visited. The credit for this "initiative" however goes to you. You let us suggest dishes and then take a chance on our reccommendations. I really enjoyed the steelhead fish you brought me last season. Thanks again! I really enjoyed it. I can tell you are an avid fisherman. You thoughtfulness attracts me to your sport. I am looking forward to the upcoming steelhead run and wish you a bountiful season. Yes, I will love to cook the catch and have you and family over to taste and critique the preparations. You all obviously have eclectic and developed taste buds. I hope I can "target practice" with you, with some new dishes I am considering adding to Menu.

It is a treat for all of us when you and your family visit. The Pleasure is all ours. We Look forward to serving you again and HAPPY FISHING!