Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Profoundly Magical

18 friends/family went down the Middle Fk of the Salmon with WRO in August. OMG! It was a trip of a... read more

Reviewed November 9, 2018
pinkhat_7
Missoula, Montana
MFWO - Unforgettable experience for the entire family!!!

From July 16 - July 23 this year, my family (consisting of my two daughters - ages 10 and 13 and my... read more

Reviewed July 29, 2018
Tynlee R

All reviews middle fork of the salmon an adventure day trip hot springs willis thrilling rafts kayak crew scenery waterfall camp float
Reviewed August 13, 2016

This is as fine an outfitter as you will find for a wilderness river trip. This is my 3rd trip with WRO. I've previously done the Middle Fork of the Flathead in Montana and the Tatshenshini River in Alaska with them and will look forward to my next trip with WRO. Their entire staff is superb, from the front office to their guides. There is no detail that is left undone. Their attention to safety is first and foremost. The food is fantastic. Their knowledge base on all their trips is tremendous as it relates to the history of the area, the geology, the botany as well as the wildlife. They have truly become great friends.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed May 6, 2016

This was my seventh whitewater trip, but my first with Wilderness River Outfitters. We rafted the Middle Owyhee River. The WRO guides were very safety conscious, fun, caring, professional, and very helpful. The food was the best I've ever had on a river trip - amazing dutch oven meals! The Owyhee was spectacular and I am so glad I chose Wilderness River Outfitters to take me through the Class IV+ rapids - great fun. Trip was 4 days, 3 nights...I'm looking forward to the next trip with WRO.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed January 23, 2016

You will not find a better outfitter!! WRO has a tremendous respect for the wilderness and their trips go out of the way to pay homage to its beauty and grandeur. I've had the privilege of going on 2 trips with them (the Middle Fork of the Salmon in Montana and the Tatshenshini in Alaska) and am thrilled to be signed up for a 3rd trip this summer on the Alsek River in Alaska. Seth and Amy have carried on the first class philosophies of their parents in regards to the therapeutic beauty of the wilderness. First class guides, food and equipment.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed October 31, 2015

You will not find a more talented, energetic, enjoyable team of professionals for your river trip. Trips are well planned, executed, and built to meet individual needs. Seth and Amy have grown up on the river and are such talented boaters who make safety a top priority.

The collective experience of beauty, delicious food, comfortable accommodations, and knowing that you are in safe hands can't be beat. Wilderness River Outfitters rocks!!!

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed October 30, 2015

Unbelievable outfitter. Great, friendly guides that make a week on the river memorable. Fantastic meals and very receptive to group interests and adapting parts of the trip to make it more fun for everyone. Can't speak highly enough of WRO.

Date of experience: June 2015