All reviews the river full hookups in town hot pools small fridge and microwave room was clean short walk lava plug jacuzzi
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is an older motel but is under new management. The Managers were very helpful. The room was very clean. The best part is that we were able to bring our Old English Sheepdog with us. I thought the location was great and just across the street from the Hot Springs. Plenty of trails that I could walk my dog on. The Manager even offered to watch our dog while we went to dinner. I would definitely go back here and plan to do so in August.

Room tip: All rooms are on the same level. We stayed in the two bedroom family suite and also spent one night in a room with two queen beds.
Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank rustyred1
Reviewed June 8, 2013

So admittedly there are no nice motels in Lava Hot Springs from what I can tell (here right now), but this place is the worst motel I have ever stayed in. And I am cheap, not used to fancy, but economy travel. There are holes in the walls, no phone in the room (which would come in hand when you need things they forgot to stock all day long), no usable outlet in the bathroom, shower pressure might as well be a trickle out of a leaking faucet. We booked the room for 4 people (told them we had 4 people coming and asked for a roll away bed as there was only a king bed left) and came in to towels, cups, hangers etc for 2 (meaning 2 each of everything). Had to ask for more and they asked if we were going to use the "extras" for the pools. Um no, we would each like our own bath towel please. The price for this place should be $40 or $50 at most per night. You can hear the train all night long and there are not enough parking spaces for all of the guests. It's too bad because the people managing the place are friendly and you can tell they are doing their best, and the most important thing, the bed is comfortable. Other than that you will wish you had found a Motel 6 in Pocatello or Soda Springs instead.

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank nonya_13
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is not a fancy place, but it is very nice, quiet, clean and the staff is so friendly!! It was just what my husband and I needed. It is just across the street from the hot pools, which is so nice. The river running past the motel is so nice to listen to at night. The restraunts was close and it was very nice to be able to just walk from the motel to the downtown area and spend the day. The prices are great and as I mentioned before, the room were very clean and the room was very nicely decorated and updated. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room tip: We have stayed in a few of their rooms and they both have been great, one is along side the river, the other is the one with the tub in the room.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I love to visit Lava and have done for many years. We have tried almost every hotel/motel there is... LAVA SPA is our favorite. Close to the hot pools. It is always quiet clean and friendly. The walls are good because you cannot hear your neighbors . The owners are very accomodating and friendly... We always book the room with the indoor hot tub ! We like that you can park close to your rooom. It is always VERY CLEAN ! For out past ten visits to Lava,... always here at LAVA SPA.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank curt802
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family frequents Lava many times a year. We (me, my husband and 2 young children) love this town and it's fun and unique charm and small town qualities. However...we booked this motel as it was one of the only vacanies left in town. Now I see why. First, the smell...stale cigarette smoke and musty old building (we all know it). Gross stained carpet, a built in broken desk ( peeling laminate) and cigarette melted blankets (yes a non smoking room.). The bathroom is semi-upgraded, and it did have a fridge, microwave and flat screen tv. No plugs ins in bathroom or by one of the beds) Our outside doorknob wouldn't lock so we chain locked it with a chair in front of it.
Please still visit Lava as it is an amazing town! Go to all of the pools and float the river! Just stay elsewhere. (Auro Soma Lava is our favorite!). Have a great time!

Date of stay: January 2013