All reviewsthe riverfull hookupshot poolssmall fridge and microwaveclean roomscomfy bedlavaplugjacuzzi
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in a spot that was right next to the river. There was plenty of shade and the RV hookups worked great. The staff was friendly and the site was clean.

The hot pool is just across the street and the cold pool is not that long of a walk. Very nice stay and where we will stay next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Get an RV spot along the River, otherwise the site is more like a parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bkrug78
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Great quiet site. The ones next to the river are the best, but the others are nice too. No showers or bathrooms. It is right across from the Hot springs.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank go-dog-go-2011
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We did not have one of the recently remodeled rooms. We were afraid to take our shoes and flip flops off due to the sad state of the carpet. The walls were dirty and the curtains stained. We are usually pretty easy going when it comes to hotels but they have to be clean, this was not. The only redeeming quality was the proximity to the hot springs...directly across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently remodeled room, apparently they are in better shape than the one we had.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Justin C
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here one night. It's a good nights sleep but its an old motel that they have refurbished at bit. The room was quiet, I don't remember hearing anything at all from my neighbors and the place was fully booked that night. The walls could use a good washing and a fresh coat of paint but I don't sleep on the walls. The shower was good and they raised the shower head so I didn't have to kneel in the shower to wash my hair. I'd stay here again if I couldn't get a room at the Home Hotel.

The lady at the desk when I checked in didn't seem very friendly. I felt like I was keeping her from something she felt was more important. She was nice and did what was necessary but I just didn't feel that welcome. I had friends staying across the street (Home Hotel)and I'll admit I wish I could have gotten a room there but they were full. The rooms don't even compare. Don't know if the cost is higher there or not but its worth checking into.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank solartj
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I read several reviews on different properties before selecting this motel. This was a great choice. I was not expecting the Hilton Garden and knew from my search that Lava and it's businesses are unique. I found this motel to be extremely clean and comfortable. The room I was in had recently been remodeled and had new furnishings. The bed was new and I slept great. We were next to the river and I opened the window and was able to hear the sound of rushing water all night. I will definitely be back. Worth checking out.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the river have the benefit of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple