“Older and Comfortable”

Lava Spa Motel & RV Park
Bozeman, Montana
“Older and Comfortable”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is an older motel in Lava, but it is extremely comfortable and very reasonable for price....King-size beds, big-screen TV, VERY clean, and most importantly, pet friendly! The staff is friendly, eager to please, and it is wonderfully quiet, even though it's right in town....It is on the river, and I found it so easy to relax and enjoy the stay here..the big hot pools are right across the street, any variety of dining is within 2 blocks, and so it's hard to beat the location..it's just plain nice.....not fancy, but the comfort and the WOW air conditioning just can't be beat..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Taylor W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in a spot that was right next to the river. There was plenty of shade and the RV hookups worked great. The staff was friendly and the site was clean.

The hot pool is just across the street and the cold pool is not that long of a walk. Very nice stay and where we will stay next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Get an RV spot along the River, otherwise the site is more like a parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bkrug78
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Great quiet site. The ones next to the river are the best, but the others are nice too. No showers or bathrooms. It is right across from the Hot springs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank go-dog-go-2011
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We did not have one of the recently remodeled rooms. We were afraid to take our shoes and flip flops off due to the sad state of the carpet. The walls were dirty and the curtains stained. We are usually pretty easy going when it comes to hotels but they have to be clean, this was not. The only redeeming quality was the proximity to the hot springs...directly across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently remodeled room, apparently they are in better shape than the one we had.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Justin C

Travelers are raving about these Lava Hot Springs hotels

Orem, Utah
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here one night. It's a good nights sleep but its an old motel that they have refurbished at bit. The room was quiet, I don't remember hearing anything at all from my neighbors and the place was fully booked that night. The walls could use a good washing and a fresh coat of paint but I don't sleep on the walls. The shower was good and they raised the shower head so I didn't have to kneel in the shower to wash my hair. I'd stay here again if I couldn't get a room at the Home Hotel.

The lady at the desk when I checked in didn't seem very friendly. I felt like I was keeping her from something she felt was more important. She was nice and did what was necessary but I just didn't feel that welcome. I had friends staying across the street (Home Hotel)and I'll admit I wish I could have gotten a room there but they were full. The rooms don't even compare. Don't know if the cost is higher there or not but its worth checking into.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank solartj
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I read several reviews on different properties before selecting this motel. This was a great choice. I was not expecting the Hilton Garden and knew from my search that Lava and it's businesses are unique. I found this motel to be extremely clean and comfortable. The room I was in had recently been remodeled and had new furnishings. The bed was new and I slept great. We were next to the river and I opened the window and was able to hear the sound of rushing water all night. I will definitely be back. Worth checking out.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the river have the benefit of the river.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingKyle
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We planned a last minute trip to Lava for the Fire and Ice Festival. As the festival draws in a large number of people there were very few places with vacancies and we had almost decided not to go when we happened upon the Lava Spa Motel. We immediately called and found that they had a King room available which we snapped up quickly. The rate they quoted us was $59 and we thought that was a steal! After booking the room we read the previous reviews so we were quite nervous about what we would find when we got there. Boy are we glad we didn't cancel based on the reviews. We got to the hotel for check in and were greeted by the lady at the front desk who was making cookies with her grandson. We raved about the wonderful smell and she actually went and got cookies for us to try. They were DELICIOUS and it was so thoughtful of her. With tax, our room came to around $65. Extremely affordable! We were given our room key and moved our car right in front of the door as it is a one level motel with a parking space (off street) in front of each door. We opened the door and were pleasantly surprised to find a clean and comfortable room with a King sized bed. Although it is an older motel, it wasn't dirty or run down looking. There was a table, a microwave, and a fridge which we were really happy about. The bathroom had obviously been remodeled and had a nice pedestal sink and a shower that was newly tiled. Our only serious complaints were that the door had gaps under and around the sides so there was a lot of cold air coming in and also that there was hardly any water pressure in the shower. Hey, for $65 dollars we were thrilled. We were so happy with the room that we tried to book one for the next night. The man at the desk put our name down and our number and said he would call if there was a vacancy, sadly, there wasn't. If you are looking for a fancy place to stay, this isn't it. If you want a clean affordable room with your own bathroom (many of the places in Lava have shared restrooms, not my idea of fun) that is within easy walking distance of the pools and the restaurants, we highly recommend that you check the Lava Spa Motel out. We are so glad that we did. We even got to take our dog for an extremely reasonable charge. She wanted us to add that the motel is fit for dogs and people too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends