“Fun with Friends”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We always have a great time at the Blue Moon. Only thing I have a hard time with is the bathrooms they sooo need a remodel/REDO! But love the company and service there.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place was disgusting! Filthy, nasty and none of the machines worked like they should. The owner, who also owns the Blue Moon Bar next store was unconcerned and made no effort to refund my lost money. ($20 to do one load washed and dried.)
The large capacity washer cost $4.50 so I loaded it up and turned it on. I left for about 15 minutes and upon my return found that the soap dispenser had not been flushed and my clothes (while tumbling) were not wet??? This is because the washer only has access to cold water. I had the "whites" button pressed, so the hot water valves opens, only there is not hot water so the machine begins its washing cycle with no water and no soap. When I go to get the manager from the bar, he sends a lackey over to see if he can help. The assistant tells me, "It looks like its washing to me." I point out the clothes are dry and the detergent is still in the pocket and he scratches his head and tells me he don't know and returns to the bar.
I am able to salvage a portion of the wash cycle by hitting the cold water cycle at which time the washer begins to fill and flush the soap into the load. Crisis averted! 1 hour later I have clean, wet clothes that need to be dried. I choose the extra large commercial dryer closest to the washer I used. There are no baskets to help move them so I do my best not to drop any of it on the nasty floor. Once loaded I pump 4 quarters into the machine & press start. The drum tries to turn, but can't manage it. The timer is counting and at .25 cents for 4 minutes I am eager to get things moving. So once again I find myself in the bar asking for help. I am told I have over loaded the machine and I need to dry small groups of clothes. WHAT?!? I tell him there is no where to put the other wet clothes, so he sends in the assistant to wipe down the tables. What a joke! Long story short; it cost $15 bucks to dry my load of laundry. (I don't think the dryer was putting out much heat if any.) By 8pm I was out of money, time and patients. Total rip off!!!!! Washing my clothes on a rock in the river and hanging them on a tree to dry would have been more effective and less stressful!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stopped in after a walk through town for a beer and a burger for lunch. Nice little bar. Love the mood and the atmosphere.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had an awesome time at the Blue Moon. An awesome classic rock band, The Chops were playing. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. We ordered a combo appetizers plate for 10 bucks and it was more than 3 of us could eat. We were all drinking the same beer so we were able to order buckets of 6 at a time for 15 bucks and the cocktail waitress made sure we were never without. Awesome mixed crowd.....young and old. We will definitely go again on our next trip.

2  Thank Wendy O
Reviewed March 23, 2012

great place to go out at night in Lava. weekend music is great. killer sunday morning bloody mary. always good and fast service.