“Romantic dinner for two, wonderful evening!”
Review of Greystone Manor

Greystone Manor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We sent 2 nights at the Inn and enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the Peacock room which was lovely, the bathroom situation was a little unusual. The breakfast was fantastic and the dinner for two Saturday night was wonderful. The owner is defiantly a gourmet cook! We highly recommend the Inn, we would stay again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My family visited the Greystone Manor last week. No visit to Lava Hot Springs is complete without a visit to this amazing place. I had the filet mignon. The filet was so visually perfect that it could have been the centerfold for "Beefsteak" magazine; it tasted as good as it looked. Additionally, Vicky has decided to teach herself how to bake cakes. We visited on week two of her self-instruction program. She presented us with a chocolate cake that was about eight inches high, and filled with premium imported German chocolate only available through specialty gourmet websites. My daughter was totally blown away by this cake; it was a birthday cake she will never forget. But, I think, for Vicky, it is all in a day's work. I wonder what she'll be cooking during week eight of her self-instruction cake baking course. Bottom line is that if you go to Lava Hot Springs and don't have dinner here, you are missing out on one of the best meals you will ever have in your life.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went to Greystone for our Anniversary. We had the four course meal. I ordered Salmon and my husband had steak. His steak was like butter and the salmon was moist and juicy. She also served butternut squash ravioli and chocolate lava cake that was to die for. She emersion cooks the meat. Everything is cooked from scratch and it was top notch. My husband and I agreed that it was the best meal we ever had. See my review on our stay. The whole experience was amazing. We also had a wonderful breakfast of German pancakes with berries. Simply amazing, and Vicki is an amazing lady as well. Wonderful personal service in a quiet relaxing space.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

First time at Greystone was exceptional. The king room was great. The dinner was probably the best dinner we had every had. They treated us like family and they had a great advice for things to do locally. Vicky and Craig are excellent hosts and plan on staying there again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have had the good fortune to have traveled a lot in the last thirty years, and so have had a lot of excellent meals in a lot of different places. I did not expect to get one of the best meals I have ever had in my life when I visited Lava Hot Springs a few weeks ago--but I did! Between the four of us, we had all three items on the menu that night. Each was phenomenal in its own way. The lemon chicken was hands down the best chicken I have ever had. The intriguing seasoning on the salmon complemented the fresh fish taste in a way that made it absolutely scrumptious even to me, and I don't even like fish. The filet was not only perfectly cooked, but cooked in such a minimalist way as to bring out the pure, simple, essential taste of a remarkably good piece of meat. The taste of this steak was so good that the addition of steak sauce or other common meat accoutrements would have been criminal. Add to this an intimate and tasteful dining space, flawless service, and Vicky, the convivial, hands-on chef/hostess/owner and you have all the ingredients for a truly memorable dining experience. But two words of advice: first, this is NOT the place for a family meal of fast food; if you have small children looking for hamburgers and fries, take them to the Greystone's sister establishment downtown. Second, you need to make reservations and pick your entrée in advance. This is because it takes time to prepare food of this caliber and Vicki begins preparation of your meal before you even get there, so she needs to know in advance what you'll be having. I recommend this place without hesitation. I expect you will come away fair amazed.