“Nice Option In Lava”

Riverwalk Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Lava is not known for a wide variety of dining establishments and so it was nice to have something a little different than the standard bar/diner food. No, this is not the BEST Thai ever made, but it is pretty good. Service was so-so, atmosphere not so charming, but what do you expect in Lava? We enjoyed the red curry and sticky rice.

1  Thank UTSW
There are newer reviews for Riverwalk Thai Restaurant

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I along with some friends decided to try this place as there's really not a ton of selection given that Lava is a small town and we all love Thai cuisine. If you've ever had good Thai food, stay very far away from here, the food is horrible. The employees were friendly people and I almost feel bad for writing negative things, but it's just terrible. I ordered some lettuce wraps, Thai barbecued wings and chicken satay. The chicken for the lettuce wraps looked like it was straight from a can along with all the canned juices that accompanied it, the wings tasted freezer burned and the chicken satay was dry and bland. Better off getting a burger

1  Thank nsorens31
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I eat a lot of Thai food so when a colleague sent us hear saying it was excellent Thai food I had my hopes up. It was definitly a let down, but the food was still good. Just not excellent. I had the pad thai - I wouldn't get it again. I saw the same review from others on here but had to try myself. Stick with the curry!

1  Thank motiger04
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We went there and Had the Crab Fried rice it was loaded full of crab meat!!!!

Reviewed December 23, 2011

This restaurant has the most diverse menu in Lava by far. But the quality of the food is only mediocre, and the lighting and sterile ambience and unenthusiastic service greatly detract from the overall dining experience.