The South Bannock County Historical Center Museum
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Labor of Love”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were wandering around the "downtown" of Lava and happened upon this museum. It was so nice to be warmly welcomed as we entered. This museum is truly a labor of love with so much local history in it. Since I am from upstate New York so much was new to me even though I have done some travelling around the west.

I spent a lot of time looking through the exhibits. Whenever I had questions, they were cheerfully answered by the volunteers. Thanks to those who put their hearts into this museum.

Visited June 2012

CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The best museum by far. Very educational and people are friendly. The museum director is awesome. We will go back. Very cool.

Visited July 2012
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Takes me back!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

When visiting the Museum it always makes me think of how times used to be and how grateful I am for how things have changed to make life easier.

Visited June 2012
Missoula, Montana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A surprisingly GREAT local history museum !”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We'd spent the morning soaking, had lunch at The Wagon Wheel and decided to wander around the town before continuing our drive. The museum has an unobtrusive street presence, we weren't even sure it was open, but the door swung wide and in we went. From our first glances to our longish questions and answer conversation with the volunteer docents at the end, everything about this museum was engaging, well presented and very interesting.
If you only have an hour you can easily stroll through and pause at the natural history displays or the Lava High School memorabilia. If you have a little bit longer, you might want to read, and examine extensively, the careful and thorough presentations of nearly everything weird and wonderful that ever happened in or around Lava. Admission is free, but donations are welcome.

Visited January 2012