“Great facilities”

Idaho's World Famous Hot Pools
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round world class hot pools! Relax in the odor free, natural hot mineral water that bubbles directly into the bottom of the soaking pools at 112 cooling to 102 degrees F. Summer Olympic swimming complex, waterpark and indoor aquatic center provide excitement for the entire family. You can scream down the waterslides at the summer fun Olympic Swimming Complex or dive from the 10 meter diving platforms. Play in the year round Indoor Aquatic Center with Portneuf Kiddie Cove year round. Camping, lodging, food and fun are located next door in the town of Lava Hot Springs.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've been coming to Lava Hot Springs since I was a child. I have many fond memories with my family and have loved going as an adult with my husband. The water does not smell bad at all, the facilities are clean. I would suggest water socks or water shoes because the rocks at the bottom can tear up your feet a bit.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

One of the best I have been to. I have enjoyed both of my trips here, very clean, good range of temperature choices in the pools, love the gravel bottoms in the pools. Worth the trip for sure, I would recommend staying in another town though.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very nice gravel bottom pools with the clearest, hottest water around! Nice changing rooms with heated floors. Super relaxing.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hot pool is fantastic. I could not locate any hot pools nearby that is comparable to this one. Locals and people from all over the world do come by here and the pool can get really overcrowded. However, I must have to say even with people everywhere near by, it is still very comfortable to enjoy a good evening there.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was visiting a friend in Pocatello, ID and he thought I would like to check out Lava Hot Springs. I was so pleased with the place. Absolutely relaxing!!!!! It is so well maintained. A nice locker room. Changing areas, lockers for a small fee, shower, bathroom facilities. Then the pools....how to explain them. Finished. Nice handrails. I loved the cover/umbrella over the pools. It was a beautiful crisp day when we went but I can see how they would come in handy. The staff were very polite and helpful. Great place! I will be back with my next visit to Pocatello.