“Eat in the lounge and allow the manger/bartender to help you choose the best meal”

Portneuf Grille & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Portneuf Grille & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main & Third Street
Description: The Portneuf Grille & Lounge is open nightly featuring creative Northwest cuisine prepared by our professional culinary staff, Executive Chef Alonzo Thomas, Chef Paul Jessop & Pastry Chef Mary Fangresh. The restaurant can accommodate 36 patrons, so reservations are highly recommended! Our cuisine features seafood, steaks, pastas, vegetarian & vegan dishes & desserts plus a full selection of Northwest wines, microbrews and a full lounge selection. Special dinner features are Ciopinno on Friday nights & Prime Rib on Saturday nights (while it lasts). Enjoy live entertainment in the restaurant every Thursday night (outdoors during the summer). The lounge is open nightly at 5pm and the restaurant at 5:30pm The lounge features "Taco Tuesday" and "Surf N Turf Wednesday". Happy Hour: Daily from 4:30 Fri/Sat & 5PM weekdays to 6PM with 10% off food & beverage (except Tacos & Surf n' Turf food items) Continental Breakfast is served Sat & Sun morning from 8am to 10:30am. The restaurant & lounge are located in the lower level of the Riverside Hot Springs Inn. All facilities are non-smoking. Reservations Highly Recommended.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had awonderful salad and steamed clams with white wine, delicious

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Good for a sit down meal in Lava if you don't want pizza or burgers but decor a bit dated and expensive. Menu rather limited.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

There are 2 chefs, both graduates of Culinary Institutes. Rem has recently won a regional award for his skill. There aren't any other first rate restaurants in Lava so if you want something special, in a beautiful setting, come here.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I decided to try it out as it is one of the only places to get a steak unless you are at a bed and breakfast. We had seen a menu in our motel room and it seemed reasonably priced. When we got in and were given menus we learned that the one we had in our room was severely outdated. Because we were already seated and thought it would be rude to leave we went ahead and ate there. We each had a steak. He had filet and I had tbone. Bread came first and then the steaks were served with choice of potato and a veggie. We also had one beer each. The meal cost 84 dollars which was quite expensive for what we got. The good news is that it was delicious and our waitress Danielle was wonderful. The dining room is small and the carpets are in need of cleaning. I enjoyed the meal but wouldn't eat there again because of the price. I do understand that it is a tourist town and prices are higher.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Me and my Husband went to the Riverside Inn for a romantic Valentines Day dinner, this was the best option for the small town of Lava Hot Springs and I guess it would be considered "Fine Dining" for the people that live here, but they must not have discerning taste buds. My Husband and myself came here from Salt Lake City where the BEST restaurants are everywhere. But I had read the other reviews and I knew that we had to lower are standards to enjoy this dining experience.
We paid $100 for our dinner and were very disappointed. We both had the prime rib and my husband had to sent it back (he ordered it med.well, but it came out rare), I ordered mine med.rare and it was quite rare, which is fine I like a rare cut of meat, but it was close to raw. The food came out quickly, but I wanted our prime rib to be cooked properly, not quick. About 5 mins.after he sent back the prime rib, it came back.... still rare.
I would have been happy to wait for the meat to be cooked, but maybe they were trying to get us out the door to seat other people. The other items on the plate were bland and forgetful. I DO have to say that the blue cheese dressing was wonderful! It made me hopeful for the rest of the meal to be good....but it was boring and under cooked.
The cheesecake was frozen from a box and the coffee was HORRIBLE! The bartender came over to pour the cup and made a point to tell us that the coffee was very special and Delicious.... I almost choked on it! It was the WORST coffee! It had sat there for hours and hours, burning and getting bitter and awful. Then the bartender had the gall to tell us how great it was! You know, telling someone that terrible coffee is great... doesn't make it drinkable. We are not that stupid, he just said that to cover the fact that they didn't take the 5 mins to brew a fresh pot. I thought that was very sneaky.
Again...trying to force us out to make room for more people.
Everyone was super nice and the drinks were strong (which is nice) but very expensive. The most enjoyable thing that happened was a cute couple got engaged right next to us! The whole restaurant cheered and I thought that was very sweet (it was Valentine's Day). But then I thought how lame it was to have such a bland and boring and unsatisfying experience to propose to someone at....But maybe it was just us. Maybe we got stuck with the bad bits and the other people were given much better food and coffee.
But..... I think not.