“Very unaccomodating Idaho town”

Lava Hot Springs Inn and Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Good, clean water with the mineral content that makes people feel good.
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The first clue to me that something was wrong was that there was not one major fast food place like McDs or BK here in spite of a large tourist draw. I stayed at the KOA in my 5th wheeler RV. It wasn't mentioned when I booked that about 20 plus trains a day pass within 200 feet of the resort. Also, the large RV sites were no where near level and closest to the tracks. The hookups were old and poorly positioned. Sewage doesn't run well uphill. I arrived to a muddy site as sprinklers were going all around my assigned spot. My impression of the town was that they want your money but have little gratitude. I shopped a grocery store, not a smile or a how are you. I went to the largest pool/slide area and unfortunately had a personal emergency before getting a ticket. I went in and was greeted by a somber old gal who had nothing to say but "gotta ticket?" When I told her I needed a restroom quick the reply was "gotta ticket?" Of course I walked away. The most convincing thing that happened in Lava Hot Springs to make me never to want to return occurred at a place called "Fat Jakes" or something like that. It was a hamburger place. The sign that greeted me at the register was "Ask and pay for Fry sauce when you order, 25Cents. We don't just give it away." Then I saw the al la carte menu prices and it would have been $10 plus for a burger of questionable quality and fries/drink. I went to the only liquor store I could find and low and behold several large signs "Cash only, no credit or debit cards" All this in May of 2012, not 1940, but 2012. My overall impression from being here is it isn't worth the discourtesies experienced. Stay on the beaten path where you don't have to experience local rudeness. I haven't experienced this other places in Idaho.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I love taking my grand kids to Lava Hot Springs because they have so much fun there. It is family oriented and the grounds and pool are clean and you feel safe there. Highly reccommened fun in the sun.

1  Thank SVRTim
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Loved the place. Very old with style and charm. Loved the home-style buffet breakfast every morning. And especially loved the hot spring pools on the property. No need to go anywhere!!!

2  Thank dansredhead
Reviewed April 20, 2012

do not even slow down let alone stop - it's skanky with high end prices

3  Thank FritzandGiggles
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I go to the Inn every year with my best girl friend. We are always greeted by the friendly staff. It is comfy and homey and clean. It's not the most modern hotel. If you want a web connection you will have to find a spider, but if you want homey, clean, quiet and fun, stay at the Inn. We are on our tenth year and have had many opportunities to stay other places. We love the Inn.

1  Thank lavabasset