“Fantastic Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kooskia
Three Rivers Resort
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Cross another item off my bucket list. After procrastinating for 44 years, I finally white water rafted. The experience was unbelieveable. Spectacular surroundings, experienced & friendly guides (thanks, Mike, Ryan & Steve) and the food was delicious. Camping under the stars, white water rafting with my daughter in one of the most beautiful places on earth. It doesn't get any better. Would definitely do it again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe C

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Not sure how anyone, in good conscience, can click anything less than 5 stars for this place. My girlfriend and I flew in to Missoula and made the drive on Rte 12 to Lowell and Three Rivers Resort. What an incredibly beautiful drive and destination! Three Rivers -- Great place to stay, go rafting, sit by the most beautiful river(s) you could ask for, have a campfire, drive up to Selway Falls and watch the salmon climb the rapids, hike up to the Fire Lookout and down to some mountain lakes, and go to the bar and grill and have a few Grim Reapers (thanks, Carly!) and a perfectly cooked burger (thanks, Lawrence!). The one thing we didn't fit in was grabbing some inner tubes and floating down the river. That's what the next trip is for! We took aa day trip and rafted down the Lochsa with a talented and entertaining guide -- we had a blast! Next time, we'll do a multi-day trip on the river!! Back at the resort, the Smith family (as several reviewers have noted) are the nicest, friendliest people, and they (along with their staff) do everything they can to make your stay as perfect as it can be. Go!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cabin on the river, with the sound of the river singing us to sleep!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris A
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

First off, the back road from the east is a sports car paradise. The road is recently paced and they did a great job. Continuing west from the resort they are still paving so in a year or so it should be a fantastic over the hills and through the woods drive. Driving the road can make you a little tired, so when I passed these quaint cabins nestled next to the river it took me only a few moments to find the next turnaround and head back for the night.
Luckily they had a riverfront cabin, number 10, available for the night. The price was completely reasonable at around $100.00 (mid-week). The cabin was clean and tidy. The bed had seen better days and could use replacement. But, hey, this is a cabin alongside a rushing river! They provide soap but no shampoo.
Since this is base camp for their river rafting business, which attracts groups both on the cabins and the camping areas, you might experience some loud neighbors frolicking late into the night as I did. But it is all good, because that is just the type of place this is. If I could have stayed longer I would have gone rafting, and who knows I might have joined the in the party myself!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Seavapor
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Lowell is off the beaten path, but at a great spot for fishing and rafting and vacationing with kids. Our cabin was basic and very small, but clean. The cabin could use some updating including new mattresses (ours was way too soft). Visiting in November, all services in the area were closed, but we were warned in advance and were prepared.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was a fine place to stay, room for kids to play. However the pool was murky and the bathrooms were dirty and full of cobwebs. A little more effort in cleaning would make this a great place. After a few visits to the pool we decided to swim in the river which we much preferred.

Be prepared for lots of bikers as the 99 curvy miles are a big draw. Definitely worth it if you need a place to crash.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent 2 nights in a Riverside cabin. A/|C in cabin was a blessing as weather was hot. Small kitchen with bare essentals and an outdoor grill. Excellent place to travel with a dog...he loved it,too. Looking forward to another visit and longer. Good fishing very close by. Also hiking trails. No cell service, but had TV(3 channels) sufficient. Enjoyed being away from phones. wifi ia available @ the store/office. Very friendly-family owned resort.

Room Tip: We prefered riverside, but there is a campground, motel and A-frame cabins.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife & I spent 4 incredible days here, and it was our best vacation ever. The owners of the resort are the nicest people in the world, and they made us feel like family. We loved our accommodations... especially the hot tub on the front porch! The food at the restaurant was absolutely delicious, and the portions were very generous. And the scenery there is simply breathtaking. But the best part had to be the rafting. It was the first time that my wife & I had been white water rafting, and it was an experience I will never forget. I HIGHLY recommend Three Rivers Resort to anyone interested in getting away from it all and having a great vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W

Been to Three Rivers Resort? Share your experiences!