Best Western Plus Kentwood Lodge
Limelight Hotel Ketchum(Ketchum)(Great Value!)
$216
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Tyrolean Lodge(Ketchum)(Great Value!)
$100
BestWestern.com
Knob Hill Inn(Ketchum)
$160
Tamarack Lodge(Ketchum)(Great Value!)
$100
$97
Travelocity
Sun Valley Lodge(Sun Valley)
$150
Hotel Ketchum(Ketchum)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewswrapsrestaurant next doorwithin walking distancein townfront deskmain streetsun valleywestern decorconvenient locationindoor poolrestaurants and shoppinggas fireplaceking bedplace to stayroad tripdowntown ketchumthe staff was friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at this facility on August 26. Joseph at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Check-in was quick and easy. Our room was comfortable and nicely decorated. Our tiny balcony was a perfect spot for a glass of wine while recovering from a long day on the road. Wireless internet connection was easy. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
BWPLUSKentwoodLodge, Manager at Best Western Plus Kentwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

We are very pleased you had a wonderful experience with us and a comfortable stay. I am happy to pass on your nice compliment to Joseph,and both he and I appreciate it as well. We hope to be that perfect spot for you once again. Thank you!

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I had checked into the Tamarak Lodge as it had the highest rating from TA. My gut was shakey when I got there; checked in, went to room, immediately returned key and left. Fortunately there were openings here. Very quiet, comfortable, computer available, great location. This hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for making a choice in staying with us,we are really glad you had a better experience and had a comfortable stay! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My office hosted a two-day board meeting at this hotel. We rented the conference room and 26 sleeping rooms. We had several miscommunications with the front desk staff which resulted in the entire event being cancelled (by them) and rescheduled (by us). Three sleeping rooms were rescheduled for the night before the reservation, then marked as no-shows, so that when three of us arrived we had no reservations. The manager was incredibly rude and demanded to speak to several people in our party to accuse us of deceiving her. She refused to apologize for her desk staff misunderstanding what we had tried to tell them, even when we apologized for being unclear. Unbelievably bad customer service. We will never return. I found a much nicer place down the road and we will go there in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer O
BWPLUSKentwoodLodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kentwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

On behalf of our entire team and myself,I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a great experience for our guests. In the planning of the meeting,it was implemented by the Executive Assistant of the Foundation,then cancelled by one of your Board Members letting us know he would let us know when it would be rescheduled. The day after this,you called and stepped in to reschedule it,which I helped do.You had not known why he had cancelled it. In the planning of this meeting we had at least four different people give us plans,changes,and demands. We tried to accommodate the different needs of these different individuals who were all doing so for the same one day meeting. In regards to the three sleeping rooms for you and two other staff members,these rooms were held awaiting your arrival even though your arrival date was unclear. As the Communication Director, you offered for me to visit with the other 2 staff members you arrived with,and I obliged. I did not demand to speak to them,and I listened as you had them tell me their story.
We provided a great meeting space with an excellent review by you on the catering of the event by our on site restuarant,Wrap City Cafe. Your companies guests,(which we had 10 reservations of Board members,and 5 of staff members,most of who reserved online with no communication that they were coming as a group for a meeting with us), complimented our comfortable and clean guest rooms and were pleased with how we accommodated their extra needs and requests during their stay.
We appreciated the Foundation having their board meeting with us,and we apologize once again for any miscommunications that occured.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Kentwood completely messed up our reservations and then instead of calling us to correct it they just cancelled it so when we arrived they just shrugged and said "sorry." They said they didn't have our number, but they had called us when we were making the reservation, so that couldn't have been true. We were disappointed in their organization, lack of follow through and that they didn't even accept the blame when I had them recorded on my voicemail! We ended up finding the last room in Ketchum at Pennay's condos. We were so glad! For the same price we had a much bigger, nicer room with a full kitchen, more ammenities and easy access to biking trails, the ski lodge, and the river for fly fishing. AND just 3 blocks from downtown Ketchum. We're sure glad they saved us because Kentwood really could have messed up our trip.

1  Thank amyg54321
BWPLUSKentwoodLodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kentwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

We are sorry for the confusion and we do care. That's why we tried to call; as a courtesy to our guests. We had a new employee who did not list your phone number,once she called in the beginning,as we found out when we tried to contact you on the dates of your arrival. We were concerned and so we held the reservation for a day &1/2 after the arrival day came and went with out any contact,I don't know how many hotels that would do that if they didn't care. At that point we didn't hold it any longer. As far as 15 other guests that had a same experience? I think this is questionable. As future guests can see on travel sites, we have been listed #1 in the area,with exceptional reviews. Once again we're sorry,and we are glad to hear Pennay's condo's was able to take care of you and you enjoyed your stay in the Sun Valley area.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is our 6th visit to Sun Valley. Previously we've stayed at the townhouse rentals of Sun Valley Lodge and Elkhorn Resort.
My wife found this property on Trip Advisor and was quite impressed with the rave reviews..... we decided to give it a try.
WOW were we impressed!!!
This is, by far, the best stay we've ever had in Sun Valley. During our 6 day visit, we were always treated like honored guests by everyone we met on the staff. The property is exquisitely maintained and impeccably clean with a LOT of attention to detail. It's central location, within walking distance to everything in Ketchum, was a BIG plus for us over the resorts.
After a few days here at Kentwood, we truly felt like we were home.... most everyone greeted us by name and constantly queried us, asking if there was anything more that they could do for us.
We will be back to Sun Valley soon.... and there is not one shred of doubt where we will be staying next time.... it's KENTWOOD for us!!!

Erik L.
Olivenhain, CA

Room Tip: Some rooms have mountain views..... ours was SPECTACULAR!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
BWPLUSKentwoodLodge, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kentwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

I am so impressed with your rave review! Thank you! I hope this makes quiet the impression on our future guests and they too will stay with us. It is an honor to have you and our guest's stay with us,we are very grateful! We enjoyed you while you stayed with us and are glad to know that we made you feel special. We hope to see you once again.