“When the view from the tallest peak just isn't good enough”
Review of Fly Sun Valley

Fly Sun Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Paragliding tandem flights are our specialty!! With no prior experience, you can soar the skies over Sun Valley with a professional USHPA certified paragliding tandem instructor. Just a few easy strides and you will be gliding through the air, securely connected and comfortably seated next to your pilot/instructor. Fly Sun Valley is the only fully insured and permitted paragliding operation of the Sun Valley Resort, conducting flights in cooperation with the Sun Valley Company and through an exclusive commercial permit issued by the US Forest Service.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 26, 2015

I've been wanting to do this for a while now and finally had the opportunity with a visiting friend. This was my first time paragliding and what an awesome experience! We made the decision to book the night before and were able to get on a 9 am flight the following day. And fortunately the weather was just perfect. All the guides were very friendly and made you feel at ease while ensuring you knew enough to have a safe and enjoyable experience. While you are welcome to bring your own camera, we opted to purchase the video/photos from the guide and were given the SD card from the GoPro at the end of the flight to take with us. We were in the air for about 25 minutes which felt like the right amount of time to soak it all up. The total experience from start to finish was about 1.5 hours. I would definitely go paragliding with Fly Sun Valley again!

3  Thank Heather L
"fun"
in 5 reviews
"idaho"

Reviewed May 13, 2015

No better view over the Wood River Valley and Sun Valley. No need to take your own camera as they have theirs. The launch on top of Bald Mt. is also a treat, riding the gondola up and flying down. If you have a GoPro camera do a video of your flight, as you will show all of your friends what they're missing.

1  Thank Ed S
Reviewed September 23, 2014

This was my favorite experience of the entire summer. My girlfriends and I went on a 7:30 AM flight and the views were breathtaking! This is a great way to experience all of the views Sun Valley has to offer. The guides were so friendly and fun to be around. They made sure everything went smoothly at all times. I highly suggest looking into Fly Sun Valley when in the area! Tip: Make sure you bring gloves, it gets pretty chilly and buy the SD card from the camera. This pictures and videos are well worth the $50!

2  Thank Lauren E
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This was the next best thing to skydiving. The staff was super friendly, and our guides were amazing. My 12-year old daughter had such a great time, and wants to return. Thanks for the memories.

1  Thank nelgnoT
See more reviews
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I was perusing the activities in Ketchum, Idaho when I came across Fly Sun Valley. I have always been interested in paragliding so I figured I should take the opportunity. I am SO glad I did! This was one of the best experiences of my life. I have always been a thrill seeker and thought nothing could compete with skydiving, this experience definitely did. I was holding back tears of happiness as we glided off the mountain. Chuck and the rest of his team made this a completely fun, worry-free experience and really tailored the morning to our individual group. I felt very comfortable with the guides and it allowed me to totally relax and enjoy the flight. I also really appreciated the laid back nature of the company and the way they encourage you to bring your own camera, this really enforces their desire for you to have the ultimate experience vs. them making the extra buck. I would recommend getting the go pro pictures that your guide can take for you. My brother got them and I was immediately jealous he had, as a reminder, you have to tell your guide to bring the go pro, they really don't push the pictures as a selling point. I would gladly fly back to Ketchum just to experience Fly Sun Valley again. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and apparently one of the best in the world, definitely do this!!!

1  Thank Schmitty42488