“Not great, but nice enough” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Tyrolean Lodge

BEST WESTERN Tyrolean Lodge
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ketchum
Bremerton, Washington, United States
“Not great, but nice enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Reasonable hotel within easy walking to downtown or the ski lifts. Rooms are small, somewhat plain, but okay. They will NOT clean your room if you have a dog, though. You have to be present when the maids come by to have your room cleaned. We were out during that time of day, so missed them. Simple breakfast available for free (no bacon, dang it!). Split level building with no elevator (for the disabled), but only a few steps up or down. Narrow hallways. Mid-summer rates were around $195 with a dog. Front desk very helpful, but not there late evenings till 8am or so.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Stanwood, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Tyrolean Lodge is a pretty simple place. It has a lot going for it though. It is very clean, the staff is very nice and it is within easy (4 -5 block) walking distance to downtown. At the same time it is at the end of town and there is nothing between it and the River Run lifts. Nice views on that side. Pool is small but clean and breakfast is pretty good. It is one of the least expensive accommodations in what is an expensive place and is a great value as such.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Ketchum, ID, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I realize this was not Best Western's fault but the long story short here is my Father declined to travel to Ketchum ID for our stay there for my Uncle's 60th wedding anniversary on 2-3 Aug 2013 & I reminded him to cancel his reservation that my Mom had made before she passed away 2 Jul. My spouse & I rode over 400 miles & arrived only to find that the staff there had CANCELLED all reservations under the same last name. I was informed that "RICK" had cancelled this reservation on 1 Aug, which of course, I never did. Why would I cancel a reservation I'd made since Mar 2013 for a planned family function? This can only highlight the total, complete & utter incompetence of the staff there because my Dad & I don't have the same first name. How anyone of any reasonable intelligence could have done this is way beyond imagining. Perhaps the next unlucky couple will avoid having to experience such inept, insipid & horrible customer service. How the staff here managed to cancel our reservation (despite the fact that my Dad called on the telephone with a reservation confirmation number to cancel his reservation) is again, completely beyond imagining. I cannot decide nor determine if they're of less than average intelligence, stupid, or merely do not care. I have traveled for both business & personal reasons for over the last 30 plus years & this has to be the worst example of “customer service” I have ever experienced. Rick Bartolic, Major, USAF (ret)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

quadro1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tyrolean Lodge, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like apologize for the frustrating experience regarding your cancelled reservation. It appears that our mistake has become rather personal in nature for you and do apologize . Despite the difficult situation, I am pleased that our staff was able to correct the problem and upgrade you to a family suite. I realize that you are upset about this. We do make mistakes from time to time and feel poorly that this happened to you.

Again, as this seems to have affected you on a personal level, I welcome the chance to speak to you regarding this matter. Please contact me at 208-726-5336.

Thomas F. Cahill
Best Western Tyrolean Lodge
ST. Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Decided last minute to stay an extra night in Sun Valley after my conference wrapped up. Great place to stay right next to the bottom of Bald Mountain. Not right next to any restaurants, but easy walk to all of the downtown Ketchum shops and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

PORTER RANCH, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This Best Western in Tyrolean Lodge -(In Ketchum , Idaho) that my husband and I stayed at was not so clean and too much noise from the hallway and upstairs. Maid service was poor. We will NEVER stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Flat Rock, MI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed in twelve Best Westerns over thirteen days and this stay was by far our favorite. The staff extremely accommodating from the moment we arrived. They recommended a perfect restaurant for dinner. The staff put us on the ground floor so we could be near our motorcycles. The staff assisted with laundry service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Carrollton, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

How the housekeeping staff could have prepared our room without protective masks is beyond belief. Further, they should have told management about the substandard conditions and not rented the room. Our room was a potential health hazard. Beware!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

quadro1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tyrolean Lodge, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We do apologize that this incident occurred; a foul smell in a guestroom is not what one expects when they check into a room at our hotel. This was unfortunate. Consequently, we did move the guest immediately to another room. I spoke to the guest twice about the issue while they were here. I responded to a Best Western guest survey from the guest and refunded their nights stay. I want to assure those that stay at this hotel, that if there is a problem, we will correct it.

Thomas F. Cahill
Best Western Tyrolean Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ketchum
Tamarack Lodge
Sun Valley Lodge
#1 of 4 in Sun Valley
Wood River Inn & Suites
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Hailey - Sun Valley

Been to BEST WESTERN Tyrolean Lodge? Share your experiences!